I'm unable to connect my iphone to the Guest network at work. I can connect to it, but unable to browse becuase it doesn't prompt for username and password.

Normally the way it works on a laptop is 1st I connect to the Guest Network. Once I'm connected I then open up a browser Window where I'm presented with the CISCO login page. Here I enter username and password and then I'm able to browse and use the internet.

On my iphone. I connect to the guest network, but when I go to open up browser, it just errors out.

Anyway to get connected to my Guest network?
    11-25-2009 11:37 AM
    ask your IT department
    11-25-2009 01:10 PM
    I did. They don't care if the iPhones work with it or not, and they said they won't care until they have to.
    11-25-2009 01:14 PM
    I've done this successfully by associating to AP then opening up a safari page which when you try to load ie google.com it should bring up the Cisco login, put in credentials and away you go.
    Last edited by hermdog; 11-25-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    11-25-2009 01:26 PM
    I get a message "Cannot Open Page" Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet.

At one time last week I got it to work. I went into my wi-fi settings and then selected guest. After that I then clicked on the arrow to be taking into the other settings page, after sitting on that page for about 30 seconds I got prompted to accept a certificate, after accepting when i opened Safari I was taken to the cisco login page and was able to login and browse.
    12-01-2009 03:33 PM
    Does the Cisco authentication page you get have a specific URL? You could create a desktop bookmark to the page. Then, whenever you connect to the wifi network, just open that page and login.

- fizz
    12-01-2009 05:41 PM
    sounds like your next step is to talk to your manager.
    12-02-2009 09:10 AM
    I tried that and still does not work, says I'm not connected. Now there was a time today that it takes my username and password and says succussfull login,but when i try to browse it says I'm not connected.

Does the Cisco authentication page you get have a specific URL? You could create a desktop bookmark to the page. Then, whenever you connect to the wifi network, just open that page and login.

- fizz
    12-03-2009 10:26 AM
    I did. They don't care if the iPhones work with it or not, and they said they won't care until they have to.
    WOW I wish I could do that at work LOL I would get fired instantly. I would say go on the phone and into the settings and clear the network forget it so that you can start from scratch. Then connect your laptop to the Wifi and check what IP you get assigned on the laptop. Then connect on your iPhone and see what IP you get assigned on the iPhone. It might be that your firewall is blocking your phone? It really sucks that your IT dept. wont help it would prob make it alot easier.
    12-03-2009 10:40 AM
    I don't see the option to "Forget Network"...Can you point me in the right direction

WOW I wish I could do that at work LOL I would get fired instantly. I would say go on the phone and into the settings and clear the network forget it so that you can start from scratch. Then connect your laptop to the Wifi and check what IP you get assigned on the laptop. Then connect on your iPhone and see what IP you get assigned on the iPhone. It might be that your firewall is blocking your phone? It really sucks that your IT dept. wont help it would prob make it alot easier.
    12-03-2009 10:48 AM
    Go into Wifi and the phone must be connected to the Wifi network you want to forget so make sure it's connected. Then if you look beside the connection click the blue arrow to the right and right at the top it says forget this Network.
    12-03-2009 04:22 PM
    DMobley232-

there are more levels to security that just logging in. Did you know that security systems can deny access based on the type of system, software installed, if a certain file exists, etc?

your only answer is to get your IT department to change their security. You asked them and have their answer. As such your next step is to talk to your manager.

If this isn't something you need to do your job you're likely out of luck. If it is then only your manager can help now.
    12-03-2009 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD