Old mms pics show up randomly in texts!

syberkill

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok not sure if this is a jailbreak issue or what. Before there was a jailbreak for 3.1 I used a technique to enable mms. I never updated to 3.1 because I wanted to keep my jailbreak. It involved downloading SupremePreferences from Cydia, and turning on some options and entering the mms address for send/receive, etc. Now it worked great and I had the little camera icon by where you enter the text and everything, just like if I had updated.

Now the problem is after awhile the phone starting replacing texts with pics here and there at random. You would see the text pop up and be in the list of texts, but when you went into where you see the conversation in text balloons, sometimes there would be pics instead. This has really started getting annoying because I have to have people resend their texts, and the pics come back randomly, and my friends sometimes send some nasty stuff. Even after I delete the pics, all the texts, and never save them, they will show up down the road. They only show up on my end thankfully.

In an attempt to fix this I took off the jailbreak and updated to 3.1.2. I don't think it's the actual jailbreak though because I had it jailbroken fine for awhile. It started after I did the go around in activating the mms. I even did a full restore but it still does it! Has anybody experienced this problem? Please help this is getting so annoying!

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm a little confused but it probably is the jailbreak mms messing with the official mms that's now supported try to restore update and JB again, to JB 3.1.2 download blackra1n.

syberkill

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly what I did. Full restore to 3.1.2 now using blackrain. Basically I just get pics in balloons at random instead of the actual word text balloons. Sometimes even when I go into an old text thread, some balloons may be replaced by a pic. I'm wondering what would happen if I got a new SIM card.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
That's weird it must be a network problem since I think restoring deletes history off MMS. You could try iWipe to delete it maybe it supposed to completely eliminate certain data.

syberkill

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about the Apple store. They'll probably blame it on the jailbreak. Never tried iWipe. I'm assuming it clears it better than a restore. If I have my stuff backed up on iTunes do I need to worry about anything using iWipe? Also had a new SIM card put in and still no luck.

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Message issue

Has this fixed your message issue? Im having the same problem. Downloading iwipe right now hoping will fix the problem.. let me know if you had to do ne thing else please..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2