Sync Notes?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I use Exchange Activesync to sync with my work servers.
I don't have Outlook installed on my home PC (the one with iTunes on it).

How can I sync Notes with my PC?

I don't mean some 3rd party app that uses its own document management system. I want to use the built-in Notes app, but would like to type/edit the notes on my PC.

Thanks.
Aloke Prasad

kneus

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's possible to sync the "Notes" in microsoft Outlook on your PC with the built in Notes on the iphone via your iTunes sync. Even if you're not using outlook to sync anything else (as is the case with me) you can still use it just for the notes. Has worked well.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I am using iTunes 9, exchnage 2007 and outlook 2007 and after the upgrade to iTunes 9 it started asking me if I wanted to natively synch notes. I will have to take a look at my settings when i get home.

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
If I am reading the OP's post correctly, he is wanting to sync his notes from his work computer (which does not have iTunes) to his phone through Exchange. Some of the solutions listed would work fine if iTunes was installed on the work computer, but not in this case.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, and if there is a way to do this using exchange settings, I am not aware. I would love to be wrong on this though.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
If I am reading the OP's post correctly, he is wanting to sync his notes from his work computer (which does not have iTunes) to his phone through Exchange. Some of the solutions listed would work fine if iTunes was installed on the work computer, but not in this case.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, and if there is a way to do this using exchange settings, I am not aware. I would love to be wrong on this though.

I use iMNotes from the App Store for syncing my Outlook Notes through Exchange. It works great. If you want to sync your Outlook Tasks, they also have that as well.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

you can't and this is a microsoft limitation in activesync. My link Earlier contains the definitive guide to syncing notes.