Using car speakers for iphone/ipod

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried searching for the answer but kept getting blanks.

I used an audio cable to connect iPhone to car stereo. I could not get stereo sound effect and I kept getting very loud "thumping" noises periodically. Realized it was coming from the connection so I disconnected as I was concerned I might damage the iPhone.

Is it ok to connect directly to iphone or better to go through a dock such as the tomtom car kit?

thanks all

Sunshine24

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
and to contine the thread, can I connect my Iphone the usb port in my car, like a memory stick or should I get a connection to the Aux function?

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
u just touched my specialty subject....what car sterio are you using? This will help me find u the best solution...is it ipod friendly?? (eg. does it have built-in ipod interface?)

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for the comments. I am embarassed to say that my issue was that I didn't push the connection in hard enough and didn't have a good connection. Once I got itright stereo sound was restored using aux on the car system.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
and to contine the thread, can I connect my Iphone the usb port in my car, like a memory stick or should I get a connection to the Aux function?

Yes u should be able to connect it via USB. I have the Pioneer P3100DVD in my car and i connect via USB and it has the built in iPod interface which i can control all my songs/videos thru my touchscreen headunit or i can switch it back so that i can control it thru my iPhone/iPod. iPod Friendly units are the best units to get to be able to do this but some of these units u have to purchase the "interface brain" seperately and/or u have to buy a different type of cable to do this. If you need help or have any questions regarding installs, dvd bypasses, headunits, speakers, anything at all...i would be more then happy to assist!;)

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes u should be able to connect it via USB. I have the Pioneer P3100DVD in my car and i connect via USB and it has the built in iPod interface

actually, you don't know if he should be able to until he tells what stereo he has. your stereo has the ipod interface software. the stereo in my wife's car does as well and a special dock connector cable connects to the back of the stereo using a 10-pin round connector (replaces a CD changer if I remember right)

the connector is irrelevant as to what connects to the stereo. it just needs a dock connector on the other end for software control

otherwise it uses the AUX connector and everything is controlled on the ipod/iphone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77