Hello everyone-

I've been having some problems with my iPhone, and I think the solution might be to restore it.

My question is ... will I lose all my saved data on my various apps in the process?

I know that it performs a backup prior to restoring, but is app data part of the backup process?

I just want to be sure about this before I proceed.

Thanks in advance.
    11-18-2009 12:42 AM
    If you restore from a backup it should be like nothing happened to your phone, but that may put the problem(s) right back onto your phone.
    11-18-2009 01:18 AM
    Hello everyone-

I've been having some problems with my iPhone, and I think the solution might be to restore it.

My question is ... will I lose all my saved data on my various apps in the process?

I know that it performs a backup prior to restoring, but is app data part of the backup process?

I just want to be sure about this before I proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
    I don't know whether this is the right answer but if you had jail broken your iPhone and then try to restore I suppose it will bring it back to the default apple applications...I'm afraid you'll loose most of the SMS messages n I think images too...I had the same problem.

God bless...
    11-18-2009 06:46 AM
    You will lose your e-mails if you have a POP3 account
    11-18-2009 07:49 AM
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm not jailbroken, and don't care about my emails, so I'm not concerned about those issues.

I'm just concerned about all the saved data and my various apps. For example, I'm using a fitness app, and have many months worth of data stored. I've also got a ton of games that are partially played, and don't want to lose my game data.

Those are my concerns, and it sounds like all will be restored from the backup.
    11-18-2009 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD