I own an iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2.

Is there any anti-virus for iPhone?

The Lord bless

Mehran
    11-17-2009 05:43 PM
    Is one needed? I do not mean to be "smart" or anything but I do not even have that on my Mac. That is why I use a Mac. Apple is usually not prone to such problems that I am aware of.
    11-17-2009 06:03 PM
    Not viruses maybe, but earlier versions were vulnerable to some attacks (sms exploit, rickrolling worm and hail mary cloud for jail broken phones)
    11-17-2009 10:25 PM
    The SMS exploit was merely a proof of concept attack and there's little to no chance it would actually be used against any phone due to the small likelihood of success.

The only other known "exploits" are when people jailbreak their phone and don't change publicly known passwords. There is no need for a iPhone anti-virus at this point in time, and if that point comes, it will be aimed at those that jailbreak and Apple will turn a blind eye.
    11-17-2009 11:42 PM
    Thanks every one.

Yes, using the Apple, Inc. products have this benefit too includes the others.

I read somewhere that by changing password on Mobile Terminal App there is a better protection on the iPhone.

The Lord bless

Mehran
    11-18-2009 08:26 AM
    The only only thing you need to watch out for, is not change your password to SSH into the phone. So change your password and keep SSH off . Also as far as I know this is only happening in Australia.
    11-18-2009 10:44 AM
    Ya That's right.

The Lord bless

Mehran
    11-18-2009 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD