Where is 3.2 ?

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would think they might want to do something this week or in the next couple to try and create some extra buzz and get some of that Christmas spending comin their way. Some new little feature or something to draw people in - nothing major just an update so they talk about the iphone a little more - especially with all the buzz on the Droid

Ree

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Also looking for a update without jail breaking I want to be able to delete call records without deleting them all and want to add signature to text messages

Slone

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Some kind of quickreply system would be great. Having to close Safari to answer messages is such a pain in the ass.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I really don't see an update anytime soon. Apple really made a good product with the 3GS And it really doesn't need any real tweaking. I also excited about next uear's device. I think there will be a complete overhaul. I am also looking for a front-facing camera for video calling. I have already begun to sve for this device. Let's see how it plays out.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
3.2 won't have any big changes, Probably some bug fixes and small changes. Apple is gonna save all the big stuff for 4.0.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
All i ask if to have an iPhone JB-Ready so i can do whatever i want with "MY" Phone...i think its so ridiculous that Apple doesnt let u customize your own phone! I bough this thing so let me do what i want with it!!!!!!!!!! i think i need to start a petition...who would disagree?!

garpunkal

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
right...

they need to bring the iphone up to standard, I'm sick of people critising my iphone ....for example..

• bluetooth - you need to be able to sync with itunes, pair with devices.. e.g. send files through to your pc or friend... even my mums phone can do this!
  • file system, they need to allow an area to send photos, videos, music too...
  • save attachments that I'm sent, like mp3's etc.
  • Create smart playlists on the go....
  • battery percentage meter on all phone models... I can do this if I jailbreak, why isn't this standard!
  • remove standard apps from springboard.
  • switch off landscape mode on demand...
  • add mp3s as ringtones
  • add mp3s as warning tones etc
  • MULTITASKING, works fine when you jailbreak.

these are just a few things that are very frustrating on the iphone and need to be addressed... yes I can just jailbreak, but Apple should sort their sh** out.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I think they are working on something big because all these droid phone are actually putting a little heat on apple .

I respectfully disagree with that. The heat is no where near being on Apple IMO. The droid is a nice phone, but it's still no match for Apple and the iPhone.

Applications... not even close and will probably not be matched for a long time. Even the developers say it's harder to develop apps like the iPhone on Android.

User Interface... Apple made it dummy proof. I have yet to meet someone who was confused when using my device. The other part is that the OS looks good. The color schemes of Apple are awesome.

Media Sync... Android needs an iTunes, where everything can be done in one spot. I understand this may not be needed for those of us on the forums, but being "seamless" is something big for companies. The more seamless the process is for the customer, the happier and the more satisfied consumers are/become.

I could keep going, but those are some big points as to why there isn't any heat on Apple. In fact, the heat is now on RIM & BlackBerry. The customers going to droid are BlackBerry customers that didn't want to go to AT&T for the iPhone or new smartphone customers looking to go with the new thing.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
right...

they need to bring the iphone up to standard, I'm sick of people critising my iphone ....for example..

• bluetooth - you need to be able to sync with itunes, pair with devices.. e.g. send files through to your pc or friend... even my mums phone can do this!
  • file system, they need to allow an area to send photos, videos, music too...
  • save attachments that I'm sent, like mp3's etc.
  • Create smart playlists on the go....
  • battery percentage meter on all phone models... I can do this if I jailbreak, why isn't this standard!
  • remove standard apps from springboard.
  • switch off landscape mode on demand...
  • add mp3s as ringtones
  • add mp3s as warning tones etc
  • MULTITASKING, works fine when you jailbreak.

these are just a few things that are very frustrating on the iphone and need to be addressed... yes I can just jailbreak, but Apple should sort their sh** out.

That's a huge list... you may want to find a new phone that meets those requirements. Perhaps Android?

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I think they are working on something big because all these droid phone are actually putting a little heat on apple .

lol a little? but yeah. jailbreaking isnt for everyone, its not the actually process of it, its keeping it stable and getting everything just right, i got tired of having to install one thing after another for something i already installed. IMO winterboard keeps making me go back though. I love that.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
idk what new features they could really add without 4.0 updates are always fun but i have no issues with the device as is.

I would like some customization probably won't get themes yet but a little something to be able to make it my own.

plus i would love either more options for texting alerts or set my own.

But i cant wait to see what the fourth gen iphone and 4.0 os will hold in summer i agree a new look for the iphone would be nice but i hope they stay similar to what it is now. :) and a 64gb model will be perfect!

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Thirds party apps in backgroud ie Pandora/Sirius while checking emial, et al and full iPod controls on stereo bluetooth device would make me a very happy girl. Is that really too much to ask for?;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner