I really don't see an update anytime soon. Apple really made a good product with the 3GS And it really doesn't need any real tweaking. I also excited about next uear's device. I think there will be a complete overhaul. I am also looking for a front-facing camera for video calling. I have already begun to sve for this device. Let's see how it plays out.
    11-25-2009 05:32 AM
    3.2 won't have any big changes, Probably some bug fixes and small changes. Apple is gonna save all the big stuff for 4.0.
    11-25-2009 07:13 AM
    All i ask if to have an iPhone JB-Ready so i can do whatever i want with "MY" Phone...i think its so ridiculous that Apple doesnt let u customize your own phone! I bough this thing so let me do what i want with it!!!!!!!!!! i think i need to start a petition...who would disagree?!
    11-25-2009 04:43 PM
    All i ask if to have an iPhone JB-Ready so i can do whatever i want with "MY" Phone...i think its so ridiculous that Apple doesnt let u customize your own phone! I bough this thing so let me do what i want with it!!!!!!!!!! i think i need to start a petition...who would disagree?!
    Please start it !
    11-25-2009 08:26 PM
    right...

they need to bring the iphone up to standard, I'm sick of people critising my iphone ....for example..

• bluetooth - you need to be able to sync with itunes, pair with devices.. e.g. send files through to your pc or friend... even my mums phone can do this!
    • file system, they need to allow an area to send photos, videos, music too...
    • save attachments that I'm sent, like mp3's etc.
    • Create smart playlists on the go....
    • battery percentage meter on all phone models... I can do this if I jailbreak, why isn't this standard!
    • remove standard apps from springboard.
    • switch off landscape mode on demand...
    • add mp3s as ringtones
    • add mp3s as warning tones etc
    • MULTITASKING, works fine when you jailbreak.

these are just a few things that are very frustrating on the iphone and need to be addressed... yes I can just jailbreak, but Apple should sort their sh** out.
    11-26-2009 10:39 AM
    I think they are working on something big because all these droid phone are actually putting a little heat on apple .
    I respectfully disagree with that. The heat is no where near being on Apple IMO. The droid is a nice phone, but it's still no match for Apple and the iPhone.

Applications... not even close and will probably not be matched for a long time. Even the developers say it's harder to develop apps like the iPhone on Android.

User Interface... Apple made it dummy proof. I have yet to meet someone who was confused when using my device. The other part is that the OS looks good. The color schemes of Apple are awesome.

Media Sync... Android needs an iTunes, where everything can be done in one spot. I understand this may not be needed for those of us on the forums, but being "seamless" is something big for companies. The more seamless the process is for the customer, the happier and the more satisfied consumers are/become.

I could keep going, but those are some big points as to why there isn't any heat on Apple. In fact, the heat is now on RIM & BlackBerry. The customers going to droid are BlackBerry customers that didn't want to go to AT&T for the iPhone or new smartphone customers looking to go with the new thing.
    11-26-2009 07:06 PM
    right...

they need to bring the iphone up to standard, I'm sick of people critising my iphone ....for example..

• bluetooth - you need to be able to sync with itunes, pair with devices.. e.g. send files through to your pc or friend... even my mums phone can do this!
    • file system, they need to allow an area to send photos, videos, music too...
    • save attachments that I'm sent, like mp3's etc.
    • Create smart playlists on the go....
    • battery percentage meter on all phone models... I can do this if I jailbreak, why isn't this standard!
    • remove standard apps from springboard.
    • switch off landscape mode on demand...
    • add mp3s as ringtones
    • add mp3s as warning tones etc
    • MULTITASKING, works fine when you jailbreak.

these are just a few things that are very frustrating on the iphone and need to be addressed... yes I can just jailbreak, but Apple should sort their sh** out.

That's a huge list... you may want to find a new phone that meets those requirements. Perhaps Android?
    11-26-2009 08:13 PM
    I think they are working on something big because all these droid phone are actually putting a little heat on apple .
    lol a little? but yeah. jailbreaking isnt for everyone, its not the actually process of it, its keeping it stable and getting everything just right, i got tired of having to install one thing after another for something i already installed. IMO winterboard keeps making me go back though. I love that.
    11-27-2009 12:27 AM
    idk what new features they could really add without 4.0 updates are always fun but i have no issues with the device as is.

I would like some customization probably won't get themes yet but a little something to be able to make it my own.

plus i would love either more options for texting alerts or set my own.

But i cant wait to see what the fourth gen iphone and 4.0 os will hold in summer i agree a new look for the iphone would be nice but i hope they stay similar to what it is now. and a 64gb model will be perfect!
    11-27-2009 02:10 AM
    Please start it !
    iCANT Customize MY iPHONE...WHY?!?!? Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]
    11-27-2009 06:24 PM
    Thirds party apps in backgroud ie Pandora/Sirius while checking emial, et al and full iPod controls on stereo bluetooth device would make me a very happy girl. Is that really too much to ask for?
    11-27-2009 06:41 PM
    i guess according to apple, its to much to ask for lol
    11-27-2009 06:44 PM
    They might update the maps application.
    11-27-2009 06:48 PM
    i guess according to apple, its to much to ask for lol
    Ain't that the truth, lol. I will keep hoping tho'...
    11-27-2009 06:49 PM
    w8ing fr smthn to pop up fast
    12-08-2009 08:36 AM
    i have noticed a bug where when i have my charger plugged in the battery percentage drops to 98% and stays there even though the phone is fully charged. when i unplug it the plug the charger back in it goes to 100%
    That's been an issue since 3.0.1. I get that from time to time. I also get that it all of a sudden drops 15 percent charge randomly. Now is that the battery or the battery indicator causing that? Doesn't matter, it's an issue. Of course when I plug it in, it returns to it's previous state. As far as battery life overall, people are dreaming if they think they are going to get 12 hours out of heavy usage on this phone. There are only a finite number of elements in the world that can create energy and until we find one or one combination that can expand battery life tremendously, we are stuck with what we have. That is not to say they can't perhaps squeeze an extra hour or two more, but all these new smartphones coming out (Pixi, Pre, Hero, Droid) have battery life complaints. It's a necessary evil.
    12-08-2009 11:31 AM
    My guess is, if they were going to do something to wow us anytime soon, they would have done it sooner to get the christmas shoppers. I don't see anything happening until later in January now - maybe taking their time on a bigger update though to help out with new competition from the Droid...
    12-08-2009 02:21 PM
    no idea !!!
    01-07-2010 04:52 AM
    this late in the cycle of the 3GS i really doubt they will release 3.2 not with all the stuff going around about this itablet and the 4.0 OS being on that.
    01-12-2010 02:42 AM
    I hope that after 4.0 that Apple reverses this trend of no updates. And that 4.0 is such a rehaul that things make sense of why they're not updating 3.x.
    01-12-2010 08:32 AM
    What about the FM transmittor, and the fact that the nano can pause radio. Would be perfect!
    01-12-2010 10:10 AM
    Im still hoping that 4.0 will be unveiled as the next update for iPhone & the platform for the tablet. Hopefully on the 27th!
    01-12-2010 12:37 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD