View Poll Results: Just curious, do you use an iPhone charging pod, or not?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 12.00%
  • No

21 84.00%
  • Sometimes

1 4.00%
    Just curious, do you use an iPhone charging pod, or not?
    11-13-2009 02:50 PM
    I have a case... nope :-)
    11-13-2009 02:59 PM
    I use a case too so no charging pod for me. I just use the cord that came in the box.
    11-13-2009 03:02 PM
    nah. i have car charger, iPWR 1800 portable battery & 2 wall chargers (1 for home, 1 for work). so there should be absolutely NO reason for me to have a dead iPhone. :/ i've looked at the charging mats where you just lay your device on the charger (no cables) but i don't get it. you have to connect a sensor to your phone anyway. so is this catered to people who absolutely HATE cables?? lol as for the pod, i'm not sure what this is
    11-13-2009 03:04 PM
    Nope, I don't feel like taking off my case.
    11-13-2009 03:50 PM
    Yeah I have one it's really nice but I don't use it much because I have to take off my case.
    11-13-2009 09:29 PM
    Another no. I too have a case, albeit only thin, but I'm sure it wouldn't fit in the dock still and wouldn't want to take it off every charge.
    11-14-2009 02:23 AM
    No, I use a case as well.
    11-14-2009 07:34 AM
    I used a charge "pod" for my blackberry which was very convinent(the BB has a case that the phone goes into). To keep the iphone nice and without too many scrathes you have to get a case which makes it a pita to use the charge dock....
    11-14-2009 12:34 PM
    No pod here, like miami, I had one for my BB, but I have a case on the iPhone 3G and no way Id take it off.
    11-14-2009 12:43 PM
    i actually have seen a case/charger combo @ Brookstone in an airport store. here is what i'm talking about.

PowerPlate™ Wireless Induction Charger for iPhone™

anyone know about this or had a chance to review it?
    11-14-2009 12:46 PM
    No case so I do use a charging pod
    11-14-2009 01:30 PM
    What's a charging pod?

I use the USB cable connected to my laptop.
    11-14-2009 01:33 PM
    I charge my iPhone in this JBL speaker dock station that plays all my music, and charges it at the same time or if just left in there without playing music.

There is an adapter plate that is used to accept docking iPhone, iPod, etc, but if you insert it, you have to take off the case which I use, so I removed the adapter and just stuck a foam strip back there to help prop my iPhone at a nice angle when inserted with the case on. Lol. Now, I never have to take off my case to charge it in the dock. Muahahaha!

11-14-2009 01:49 PM
    Nah never have really liked charging pods. I even got one for my Bold and it was
    the most senseless $11 I've ever spent.
    11-14-2009 06:18 PM
    I have this, too!

But, I also have an Incase Slider, and use a Charging Pod. Thus I only need to remove the bottom part when charging...

I charge my iPhone in this JBL speaker dock station that plays all my music, and charges it at the same time or if just left in there without playing music.

There is an adapter plate that is used to accept docking iPhone, iPod, etc, but if you insert it, you have to take off the case which I use, so I removed the adapter and just stuck a foam strip back there to help prop my iPhone at a nice angle when inserted with the case on. Lol. Now, I never have to take off my case to charge it in the dock. Muahahaha!

11-14-2009 08:12 PM
    I have this, too!

But, I also have an Incase Slider, and use a Charging Pod. Thus I only need to remove the bottom part when charging...
    On my incase slider its really hard to take off the bottom without taking the rest off and it scratches my iPhone, have you noticed scratches from the case? Anyway now I do use the charging dock because my iPhone is bare and it really brightens up my desk.
    11-15-2009 12:24 PM
    I have this, too!

On my incase slider its really hard to take off the bottom without taking the rest off and it scratches my iPhone, have you noticed scratches from the case? Anyway now I do use the charging dock because my iPhone is bare and it really brightens up my desk.
    11-15-2009 12:36 PM
    I splurged on the Bose iPod speaker dock and I use that as my alarm clock/charger when I'm not traveling. When I'm at my computer though I use the dock. Shame it didn't come with the 3G and 3GS iPhones, I think. I don't use a case (I use a pouch thing attached to my belt), so the dock makes sense for me. Of course, when I travel I use just the USB cord and adapter (no laptop for me )
    11-19-2009 01:12 AM

Good Idea!
    11-19-2009 03:09 PM
    i voted no, but only because i dont have one. i'm prolly gonna get one for xmas!!
    11-19-2009 04:43 PM
    Good Idea!
    Thanks! Well, it's just strange to me why they don't design these docks to accept an iPhone with a case on it. No one likes to have to pull a case off just to charge the phone. They should make them with adapters for those that use a case and those who do not.
    11-19-2009 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD