Hi there,

I have just recently been taking pictures with my iPhone and have been emailing them to people (including myself). I noticed that when I send the picture it is not received as a JPEG. Is there any way to do this. I just want the photo(s) sent as an attachment or as a jpeg (or any other format) so that I can simply right click and "save image as". I have tried doing this with yahoo mail and Lotus notes (at work) but the photos seem to embed themself in the email and I can only "copy" them instead as saving them as an image file.

Does anyone know what my issue is, or do you know of any app store or cydia apps that will allow me to do this?

thanks
    11-13-2009 09:15 AM
    Which iPhone do you have?
    My 3GS 32GB (3.0.1) sends photos as a attachment to an email, and the attachment name comes up as 'photo.jpg' regardless of which camera photo I have selected.

Edit - FYI I am sending thru Shawmail (my home cable isp) and am receiving on my work Exchange email system. As a subsequent post suggested, it may depend on the email system being used.
    Last edited by AlecH; 11-14-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    11-13-2009 03:40 PM
    i believe it really depends on what type of email you're using on the receiving-end. if i send a pic from my phone to my Outlook account @ work, i can't "save as", only copy. however, if i send the same pic to my Gmail account, i can "save as", copy, view image, etc.
    11-13-2009 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the help guys!

I have a 3GS but I'm not sure if that matters or not. I figured at first that it could be just a yahoo mail thing but then when it did the same thing with
    Lotus Notes it peaked my interest. It probably is just a mail client thing. I guess I should try with my gmail account and see how it receives.
    11-13-2009 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD