Picture Quality on 3GS

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Any of you guys switch from a 2G or 3G iphone to the new 3GS?

I just got my 3GS a week ago and have noticed that the pictures sometimes come out grainy for some reason....even my gfs old 2G iphone camera never had any grainy pics...

Is that the case for all 3GS or do I possibly have a defective one?

Thanks,

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I had a 2G and now a 3Gs and both have grainy issues. Make sure you touch the screen to select a focus point. I use this feature to change the lighting as well before I take a shot.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
That's odd the camera is a lot better make sure your focusing and have good lighting, sometimes I get so-so pictures when the lighting is bad but when its good I get amazing quality.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I switched from 2G to 3GS but did not notice a big difference between the picture quality of both. I think you may need to make some moderation in your settings.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I switched from a 3G to a 3GS and don't really notice the difference in picture quality. Maybe it's just me.

I switched from 2G to 3GS but did not notice a big difference between the picture quality of both. I think you may need to make some moderation in your settings.

Take a look at this picture, you can not honestly tell me that an iPhone 3G or first gen can take a picture like this:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/ipho...3gs-photos-post-them-here-17.html#post1506416

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The pictures aren't as good in low light, but tyhen again, no mobile phone camera that I have seen or used takes decent pictures in low light. I have no complaints when the lighting is adequate. Everything is great then.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Even though it may not take the best picture (comparing it to the Nokia 5MPs), for a 3MP camera, it's one of the better ones. I definitely have seen a difference between the 3G and 3Gs and I don't even take that many pictures. If you are trying to compare it to a digital cam, that's your issue right there... don't!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
it's a phone camera. it's going to be worse than just about every camera not in a phone. that said, it's not terrible as far as a camera goes.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
So far so good for me. I think the camera is great and I do not seem to have issues with grainy pics at all.