there is a forum that i frequent on my device and i am unable to paste anything into it.
    the necessary prompts come about for copy & paste but the text does not appear when i try to paste.
    it doesn't matter if i copy from another site or within the site.
    it's driving me crazy, i used to be able to do it with my BB so i know its not site specific.

anyone else have this problem? or know why this might be happening?

thank you in advance.
    11-11-2009 03:11 PM
    ...when you try the copy and paste option, when you hold your finger on the screen do you get the PASTE option, or does it not show up? I"m wondering if it's not even coping, thus PASTE is not available.
    11-11-2009 03:18 PM
    yes, all options are available. also when i press on the screen you can tell that it is working, just no text appears.
    11-11-2009 03:22 PM
    go to the time.com mobile webpage. (mobile.time.com)

try to even copy text. you can't

it's possible to block text functions on the iphone, perhaps inadvertently in some cases
    11-11-2009 03:45 PM
    Well, the standard mobile layout of many sites ends up disabling the copy & paste abilities of the browser for whatever reason, but I don't think that's what the user is having a problem with.

Would you mind giving the link to the site you are having a problem with? That might help with us being able to determine what is causing the issue.
    11-11-2009 03:55 PM
    Turn off javascript and try again. If it works, the website's js is at fault.
    11-13-2009 10:34 PM
    Turn off javascript and try again. If it works, the website's js is at fault.
    this did not work. thanks for the tip though.
    11-14-2009 12:42 AM
    BTW, are you trying to do it on the mobile version of that site?
    11-14-2009 10:39 PM
    BTW, are you trying to do it on the mobile version of that site?
    there is no mobile version (phpBB)
    that i know of anyways.
    11-15-2009 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD