Hey guys, i was lookin at my SB and its a mess, i have apps here and there...what is the best way to organize apps on the SB? Is there a program for that or some type of system Theme that does that?? I dont want to just put all my games on one screen and etc etc...is there any other options out therE?? Thanks !
    11-11-2009 11:47 AM
    No other options unless you are willing to jailbreak your iPhone.
    11-11-2009 11:52 AM
    The way I do it is during a first sync I remove all apps. I then sync a second time but prior to this second sync Itunes allows you to sort by Games, Education, News, etc. Sort and they will sync back onto your phone by category. Now all my games are on one page, all my news apps on one page, etc.
    11-11-2009 01:08 PM
    No other options unless you are willing to jailbreak your iPhone.
    im sry i forgot to mention, i am jailbroken
    11-11-2009 01:13 PM
    I just read about an app I believe in the Apple App store that will organixe your app by how much you use them , I will have to look for the article and post it .
    11-11-2009 02:21 PM
    im sry i forgot to mention, i am jailbroken
    Download Categories from Cydia! It's Great! That is what I use.
    11-11-2009 02:56 PM
    HEY i downloaded CATEGORIES from Cydia and your right! IT IS GREAT!! Thanks for the info!!
    11-13-2009 08:45 PM
    Alright gentlemen, screenshots?
    11-14-2009 08:11 AM
    only thing i don't like about Categories is that i was forgetting to remove apps out of the category folders before i deleted Categories. just made more work for me if i had to restore & re-JB. made my recovery of JB apps a mess, but was fixable.

as an alternative to Categories, i use SpotBright from Cydia/Rock. if you have JB apps, the native Search won't locate them. SpotBright will search app store apps as well as JB apps. this way i can hide app icons on SB, yet find those same apps using search/SpotBright. just another alternative to using Categories. Upside: clean SB look, small amount of pages. Downside: forget an app name, you're S.O.L.
    11-14-2009 09:14 AM
    only thing i don't like about Categories is that i was forgetting to remove apps out of the category folders before i deleted Categories. just made more work for me if i had to restore & re-JB. made my recovery of JB apps a mess, but was fixable.

as an alternative to Categories, i use SpotBright from Cydia/Rock. if you have JB apps, the native Search won't locate them. SpotBright will search app store apps as well as JB apps. this way i can hide app icons on SB, yet find those same apps using search/SpotBright. just another alternative to using Categories. Upside: clean SB look, small amount of pages. Downside: forget an app name, you're S.O.L.
    Hey J...Spotbright kept crashing my phone when i searched for "loc"...then start to delete it and it crashes every time but when i type ANYTHING ELSE, it works fine...try it J and let me know...also, i hid some icons and spotlight searches for them with no issues...
    11-14-2009 10:02 AM
    i tried "loc" specifically and it worked fine. i have had it crash on me as well using other searches. haven't seen an update for it since i installed it in september. but 99% of the time it works great for me.

were the hidden apps that spotlight found JB apps though? because it isn't setup to look for JB apps. that's only reason i ask
    11-14-2009 10:13 AM
    yes they are...want to see a screenshot??
    11-14-2009 10:42 AM
    yes they are...want to see a screenshot??
    no, i believe you. just didn't realize the native search was working with JB apps. i guess it depends on the app. if it's something that you downloaded from installous, search might see it as an app store app. if it's specific to only cydia/rock (like makeitmine or winterboard) then native search shouldn't find it. try winterboard. if you find it using Spotlight, then i'll shut my yapper.
    11-14-2009 10:59 AM
    ^yessssssssssss...i found winterboard, i even searched for backgrounder and it comes up with no problem!! So now the only difference is the little icons that spotbright has under there search but i dont use that anyways...SPOtlight is the sh*t lol
    11-14-2009 11:04 AM
    ^yessssssssssss...i found winterboard, i even searched for backgrounder and it comes up with no problem!! So now the only difference is the little icons that spotbright has under there search but i dont use that anyways...SPOtlight is the sh*t lol
    dang, winterboard...really?! well, then i stand corrected. next time my spotbright crashes on me i'll just delete it and try out the default search then. good to know, thank you sir.
    11-14-2009 11:34 AM
    Alright gentlemen, screenshots?
    Here ya go! (Been out all day sorry.)
    11-14-2009 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD