Which iPhone do you prefer?

Which Iphone do you prefer?

• Total voters

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As someone who has never owned an iPhone that wasn't Jailbroken I don't see why some users are so negative on Jailbreak. I've never had a problem that was so big it caused me to have to restore my phone. I've also never had a problem that wasn't fixed by either rebooting or un-installing the app. The biggest problem I ever had was Winterboard wouldn't work and I kept getting safe mode until I un-installed Winterboard. This was not a killer deal for me I just couldn't have themes and wallpapers. Once I Re-JB months later it was working again and I was once again happy. So I thought for fun I'd throw up a simple poll to see who the majority is? I also would love to hear thoughs and opinions and gripes that made you convert back.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I just JB for the first time this past weekend. I must say it very nice.:D I love the LockInfo screen and other tweeks, as well as a few apps. (GV, PDAnet). BUT...if it ever becomes too unstable I will gladly go back to the Non-JB version that I had for so long and be perfectly happy!:) The one reason I live my iPhone so much is that it has been the MOST stable device I have ever had.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I still remember the 1st time i ever JB my 2G...its was incredible! and til this day, now with a 3G|s|...i still think its INCREDIBLE! so +1 for JB, i wouldnt have it any other way

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I love my plain-jane iPhone even though it is jailbroken at the moment. I just needed to see how the otherside lives.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I thought long and hard before jailbreaking. Now I don't know why I hesitated. The few things I've done to my iPhone (winterboard, lock screen) don't effect performance or stability at all. Why would anyone not jailbreak?

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really sure what jailbreaking does for you except for things like springboard, but I would like themes and tethering, as well as a wallpaper behind my app icons. I also wangt to be able to change my text message tone, but I'm not willing to mess around with SSH setting, just too easy for me to brick my phone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was a long time BB user and thought i would never use any other device.
"thought" was the keyword. i cant even begin to tell you how many times i was hoping when a new OS came out, beta or not, the BB browser would be much improved.
.... it never came.
that was the main reason for me making the switch and boy am i glad i did!
the 'vanilla iphone' with safari alone is leaps ahead of what RIM will EVER do with their native browser.
i have found that most people who complain about it have never tried it or just simply do not want to put forth the effort of dealing with it.
thanks to geohot it's wayyyy too easy.
final thought on this thread would be a non-jailbreak iphone is nice,
but a jailbroken iphone is even better.

I thought long and hard before jailbreaking. Now I don't know why I hesitated. The few things I've done to my iPhone (winterboard, lock screen) don't effect performance or stability at all. Why would anyone not jailbreak?

i completely agree with this.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I still remember the 1st time i ever JB my 2G...its was incredible! and til this day, now with a 3G|s|...i still think its INCREDIBLE! so +1 for JB, i wouldnt have it any other way

You and me both I would NEVER, EVAR use my phone without it being JB'en. Ughhhh so plain :p I honestly don't think Jailbreak causes instability I think possibly some of the JB apps having not been sanctioned by Apple and tested maybe causes problems and instability but that is not a cause of the Jailbreak itself.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm not really sure what jailbreaking does for you except for things like springboard, but I would like themes and tethering, as well as a wallpaper behind my app icons. I also wangt to be able to change my text message tone, but I'm not willing to mess around with SSH setting, just too easy for me to brick my phone.

JB allows:

Multitasking of 3rd party apps. Play pandora in background as example.

Trick your iphone into thinking its on wifi for those apps that are wifi only.

Enables you to send/reply texts from any open application.

wifi tethering

app switcher which allows you to navigate quickly between most used apps

drop down list to toggle wifi, bt or other settings on the fly

To download youtube videos

set up calendar events to display on lock screen

To add folders to organize apps

change themes if that's desired (i don't need different themes though)

I'm sure you can do more, but that's basically what i use.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Has to be jailbroken. I need running apps in the backround and a central notification
system. Just have to have that. Themes and things of that nature aren't even
important to me. I don't even install themes.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site

JBing takes care of all that stuff..and i dont SSH anymore, instead, i use iPhone Folders. Its for Windows tho, and its just like plugging your phone in and all your folder show up as if u were SSHing! I do everything from adding "games", adding cutom ringtones, and i even created a lockscreen calendar!
iPhone Folders

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
JBing takes care of all that stuff..and i dont SSH anymore, instead, i use iPhone Folders. Its for Windows tho, and its just like plugging your phone in and all your folder show up as if u were SSHing! I do everything from adding "games", adding cutom ringtones, and i even created a lockscreen calendar!
iPhone Folders

does this allow you to manipulate text/email ringtones?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah you can change incoming SMS ringtone there is a tutorial on here about how to do it. I too use Iphone Explorer(Mac) I haven't used SSH since my 2G.

iAddict

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I fear JB because there are sooo many updates lately and I don't wanna deal with BS if they don't work.

The iPhone Vanilla works pretty darn effectively for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods