Hi,
    Recently i have changed my home router settings.Now when i connect my wifi from iphone it's not connecting.it's showing network id and connecting..but not opening safari/mail(yahoo/gmail).The wifi is connecting and showing the wifi symbol on top of the iphone.Please could you guys help.
    After changing the router settings wifi is working on my laptop from same router.

Thanks
    Sunny
    11-06-2009 01:26 PM
    what settings did you change on your router?
    11-06-2009 01:36 PM
    I just changed network id,pwd.i kept security wep.
    My iphone is connecting and showing connected but safari and email is not opening.
    After changing,i am able to connect for my laptop(wifi).only problem with iphone.IPHONE wifi is working if i go out and check for other places.Only problem with my home.After changing the setting in router iphone wifi is not working.
    Thanks
    Last edited by sunnyfan73; 11-06-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    11-06-2009 02:03 PM
    Go to the wifi settings on the phone and tap "Forget this network" and try reconnecting to it.
    11-06-2009 02:08 PM
    Hi big9erfan,
    I tried that also.but it;s not working.It's connecting and showing the connected icon on the top.But safari/mail not opening.
    Thanks
    11-06-2009 02:11 PM
    what is your SSID for the router? what is the SSID of the network the phone is connecting to?
    11-06-2009 02:58 PM
    Well,both SSID are same.i mean my network id's
    11-06-2009 03:01 PM
    Well,both SSID are same.i mean my network id's
    Did you change it from the factory default?

is the connection you're connecting to secured according to the phone?
    11-06-2009 03:10 PM
    yes i am using WEP.i am able to connect for my laptop from my home network ID and pwd.but not iphone.
    11-06-2009 03:15 PM
    Try changing the network to not requiring a password. Can you connect then? Can you connect to other networks and just not your own?
    11-06-2009 03:17 PM
    yup i am able to connect if i go out(staples etc..).only problem at my home after change the netwotk settings.iphone wifi worked at home before change setting in router.Hope you got it now.
    11-06-2009 03:19 PM
    you're not answering any questions, just repeating the same info

WHAT is the SSID of your wireless network?
    WHAT security setting does your phone see? When connected does it have the lock showing on the entry? If you changed your security key there is absolutely no way it would connect unless you entered your new key. None.

Until your prove otherwise my hunch is you did not change your SSID and a neighbor has an unsecured access point with the same name that you can't get to the internet via.

If not, please prove otherwise and help us troubleshoot this.
    11-06-2009 03:26 PM
    Hey i am sorry if i am not clear.Let me explain you again.

My network ssid is cr@nb3rry
    i entered the password and it's connecting for the same ssid/network id(cr@nb3rry) and showing conneted symbol on the top.
    When i click safari/mail.it's not opening any webpages.
    11-06-2009 03:31 PM
    Try reducing the complexity of the network id ( removing the @ ). It may be causing an issue....maybe?
    11-06-2009 03:42 PM
    i agree with you if wifi is not completely connect.But here wifi is connecting but not reading/opening the webpages.
    11-06-2009 03:47 PM
    It's just something else to try. Or maybe there's an incompatibility with your router. Have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for your router?
    11-06-2009 03:50 PM
    i agree with you if wifi is not completely connect.But here wifi is connecting but not reading/opening the webpages.
    If someone gives you something to try and you don't want to try it because you don't think it will work I doubt you will get it fixed. You can always put settings back once you figure out what caused the problem. I had a similar problem when I used the second of 4 keys and it wouldn't login. I used the first key I used for my laptop and it connected without a problem. Did you try rebooting a router since you changed the settings.
    11-06-2009 06:13 PM
    To the OG poster: Wow. The fix for your problem has already been noted. It's quite obvious that if you setup WEP and change the SSID on your router, and your iPhone isn't connecting now that you have made those changes, that it's causing the connection problem. First READ THIS! Wireless Networking: WEP Security is No Security at All - www.smallbusinesscomputing.com

Now let's get it fixed.

Forget the network on your iPhone. Turn off WiFi on your iPhone. Go to the Default Gateway for your router. Go into the wireless settings. Change the SSID to something with real characters. There's no need for it to be cute to begin with. Make sure that Broadcasting of the SSID is enabled. Make sure your wireless mode is "11b/g mixed mode". Save the settings. Let the settings take effect. Unplug the router from power. Count to 10. Plug it back up. Wait for a sync on it. Now turn on WiFi on your iPhone. Try connecting to the router. If it works, congrats. If not, let's get back to work.

Forget your network on your iPhone. Turn off WiFi on your iPhone. Go back into your Default Gateway for your router. Go into Wireless Security Settings. DISABLE THE SECURITY. Let the settings take effect. Reset the router again. Once it's reset, turn WiFi on on your iPhone. Try connecting to the router again.

This should have it fixed. Let us know...unless you refuse to follow the proper steps in THIS order. In that case...gtfo.

I had a similar problem when I used the second of 4 keys and it wouldn't login. I used the first key I used for my laptop and it connected without a problem.
    That's interesting you said that...I've never seen anything BUT the 1st key work.
    Last edited by Zoso1048; 11-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    11-07-2009 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD