Hello yesterday i unlocked my 3.1.2 3G iphone using unlock-iphone . org , is that safe ?
    11-05-2009 04:53 PM
    You could have done it without paying anything. You paid for freeware software.
    11-05-2009 05:23 PM
    unlocking the phone is safe, I don't know what you mean by safe exactly. Unlocking allows you to use the phone with any GSM carrier not only the one the phone is locked to before unlocking. However if you start to use it with a carrier without a data plan you better get SBSettings and turn off the 3G and Edge on the phone or opening the browser, app store and other apps that use data will connect to any available 3G or Edge network from your carrier and land you with a hefty bill.
    11-05-2009 07:44 PM
    be careful updating your phone because once unlocked future updates may brick your phone
    11-06-2009 06:27 AM
    be careful updating your phone because once unlocked future updates may brick your phone
    Well the update shouldn't brick your phone but it will remove the JB/UL and in the latest case where Apple implimented an update that made it impossible to UL until the gurus that be found a new exploit. So like he said whenever you are JB/UL you never do the Apple updates until you hear it is safe to do so from the community or the JB gurus.
    11-06-2009 10:01 AM
    you really paid for free software?

also, just a heads up that there's an entire jailbreak section to these forums to post these kind of questions in

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/
    11-06-2009 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD