Automatic wifi/3g sharing!!!

numbersgame

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I experienced something I found to be quite interesting before upgrading recently to 3.1. I was previously running 2.2 or 2.2.1 jailbroken--don't remember which--and my iphone automatically shared its data connection with my laptop over my laptops adhoc network. I know of programs like pdanet--which I had installed at the time, but I thought you had to have it opened and running in order to piggyback off of the iphones data connection over wifi. This was not the case for me. I could turn off my phone, turn it back on, connect to the laptop over wifi and *BAM, i was in business--never had to open pdanet though i may have once before i realized i could do this. it was quite handy and was just wondering if anybody else had experienced or heard of this phenomenon before--or if it is even normal...perhaps even how to replicate it???

thanks!!!

numbersgame

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Oh, i understand that you would have to know what i did in order to explain it. I was actually asking the question more with the intent of seeing if anybody else out there has experienced this and perhaps if they knew what they did. I take it isn't common...

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
there is no way it would automatically do what you said unless you set something up or running

the best time to ask how something happens is before you upgrade and undo it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73