i'm using boxcar for now as a twitter push app. if i am logged in on a desktop widget, will twitter only allow me to get notified by one service at a time? like the desktop but not the boxcar? i added a sidebar gadget and now i'm not getting the boxcar notifications. thanks!
    11-03-2009 07:35 PM
    Not sure if I understood. I get push through Boxcar, and I still can read my tweet on Tweetie or TweetDeck. Was that your question?
    11-03-2009 07:53 PM
    No. Twitter does not have this option. If you're going to be on your desktop and don't want to receive notifications from Boxcar, then you need to disable push for boxcar in settings.

The way notifications work, I don't think what you want would be possible. Each client is looking at your feed separately and Twitter isn't keeping track of who's pulling information. This is how I understand it.
    11-03-2009 08:30 PM
    ok, thanks! actually i thought something was wrong on my end becuase i would get the timeline and tweet on my desktop, but not my boxcar. which is what i didnt want. but i uninstalled then put back boxcar and i think i'm good to go now. thanks!
    11-04-2009 12:04 AM
    I still can not realize what your problem was. Did you wish to stop your notification. You said you have fixed it now just doing reinstall. How did it happen? I am sorry if I have bothered you with my silly question.
    11-04-2009 04:02 AM
    no i wanted to get notifications on both my desktop and my iphone. but for some reason (probably because of the new phone) boxcar wasnt sending me notifications on new tweets, so i thought maybe it was because of the desktop widget i was using. a reinstall of boxcar fixed the issue though.
    11-04-2009 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD