I always see people complain about battery life after each update. I also notice how people don't like to turn their phones off aswell...

I figure I'll share a little tip with you guys. Some might already know however some might not.

Restarting your iPhone is very important first and foremost. After a full change , unplug the charger and restart your phone. You might notice your phone saying 99% ( for 3GS users with the percentage indicator on ) or when you plug the charger back in , the battery indicator doesn't say that it's full.

When you open certain apps and close them , they still still suck up some battery.

So I Suggest everyone do this after a full charge once a day in the morning.
    11-03-2009 10:50 AM
    I got the iPhone so I wouldn't need to restart it daily like past phones.

I've found a free memory app works really well to bring back it's speed and gets rid of quirks as well.
    11-03-2009 11:03 AM
    another tip: Adjust the brightness to a little below 50%

i have mines at about 35-40%
    11-03-2009 11:44 AM
    Gold mines!
    11-03-2009 12:15 PM
    I swear when I read the title I thought it was going to be one of those prank threads that just said keep your iPhone off LOL

Meh I only reboot when my phone freezes or has a problem I have a charger at work and at home so I pretty much never run below 60-70% until night time.
    11-03-2009 04:21 PM
    I am coming home after a 8-10 hour day with between 70 and 70% battery life.
    I don't listen to music, but I check mail, SMS, take and get business and personal calls....16g 3GS
    (FWIW, I am not jailbroken or unlocked....YET)
    my phone has never been turned off...and I have had it for a month
    11-03-2009 07:29 PM
    I am coming home after a 8-10 hour day with between 70 and 70% battery life.
    I don't listen to music, but I check mail, SMS, take and get business and personal calls....16g 3GS
    (FWIW, I am not jailbroken or unlocked....YET)
    my phone has never been turned off...and I have had it for a month
    before i was JB, i had great battery life, JB ruined it! ...but i still have no regrets, sorta!
    11-03-2009 07:32 PM
    Which free memory app are you using?
    11-04-2009 07:52 AM
    Yes what free memory app are you using
    11-04-2009 09:20 AM
    How bad do Bluetooth kill the battery? The law says I have to use hands free, I have always used the earbuds but wants to try Bluetooth.
    11-04-2009 09:39 AM
    How bad do Bluetooth kill the battery? The law says I have to use hands free, I have always used the earbuds but wants to try Bluetooth.
    it doesnt bother me...i dont see any difference in battery life when i use bluetooth
    11-04-2009 09:47 AM
    bluetooth will never die due to its low power consumption.

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you look at bluetooth headsets the battery in them is about the size of a watch battery.

you should not see any difference really between bluetooth on or off.

while yes it does use some power not much due to the device spec and its very low power consumption.
    11-04-2009 11:46 AM
    The memory app I use is system activity monitor , I think it was a $1
    11-04-2009 01:01 PM
    ...wait a minute, I'm suppose to turn my iPhone off? Seriously?
    11-04-2009 01:42 PM
    I rarely turn my phone off. I don't think your "supposed" to turn it off on a regular basis. If I have a glitch, a restart usually clears it up. That is the only time I turn mine off.
    11-05-2009 12:33 AM
    I dunno about you, but when I used bluetooth my phone would die so fast! It would drop percentage points like minutes even when not actually connected. I hate bluetooth, i'll stick to just the headpiece.
    11-05-2009 03:51 AM
    I dunno about you, but when I used bluetooth my phone would die so fast! It would drop percentage points like minutes even when not actually connected. I hate bluetooth, i'll stick to just the headpiece.
    well sry but thats just not normal...
    11-05-2009 08:59 AM
    The memory app I use is system activity monitor , I think it was a $1
    That app is $2.99 could be usefull in a worse case scenario. But it looks just like a cpu usage tool and used and free memory guage. If thats all it does I can't see how its worth $3
    11-05-2009 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD