I am amazed. I used to have a 3G and decided (stupidly) that I wanted something different, something that everyone else didn't already have. So, I went to Best Buy, had them cancel my Sprint contract and bought a 16GB 3GS (in white so I could still be kind of different) and I must say that I missed you trusty iPhone OS and all of your quirks. It may have some funny bugs, but I love it and I think that the voice feature is fantastic. So welcome back iPhone and please reintroduce yourself to my MacBook!
    11-01-2009 01:13 AM
    so here's a different question, what do you miss about your hero, know that you're back on the iphone?
    11-01-2009 01:31 AM
    I was thinking of switching from a 3GS to a HTC Tilt 2.. you coming back has thrown a wrench into decision making process here..
    11-01-2009 08:43 AM
    The HTC Tilt isn't the same as the Hero though. What were your reasons for considering going back to the tilt?
    11-01-2009 10:06 AM
    I see ads for new phone all the time. It makes me curious but when it comes down to it the Iphone and its capabilities are unmatched. Just my opinion but really, I know that other devices wont do everything my iphone will. Welcome back.
    11-01-2009 10:14 AM
    I really don't miss much about the Hero, it was slow and wonky. It was cool to be able to customize the screens, but the apps sucked so it didn't matter. Widgets are awesome though, so I guess that would be my choice.
    11-01-2009 03:09 PM
    The HTC Tilt isn't the same as the Hero though. What were your reasons for considering going back to the tilt?
    I heard from reviews/videos that the tilt 2 is much improved and that that screen is a little bit bigger and high res(not sure if thats true or not) also want to try out WinMo 6.5.

I do love my iphone though so chances are I wont switch, but I am definitely considering it right now though..
    11-01-2009 07:17 PM
    it is much improved from previous generation wm phones, i have the htc touch hd running the leo version of tf3d, but what wm lacks right now is the kind of development you find on the iphone.

It will really depend on your uses. But the screen is bigger and yes higher resolution, so that is nice.
    11-01-2009 09:44 PM
    I also made the switch from and HTC Fuze to the iPhone and I am not going back...
    11-01-2009 09:57 PM
    with Android 2.0 rolling out, the HTC Hero will be a completely refreshed/good phone!
    11-01-2009 10:02 PM
    I've read so much hype about the Hero that I actually wanted to jump ship and try it out. The Hero being a CDMA phone and not GSM was the deciding factor along with Sprint's poor coverage in my area.
    11-01-2009 10:28 PM
    I also made the switch from and HTC Fuze to the iPhone and I am not going back...
    I could get the move from the Fuze to the iPhone, tiny screen, slow, wm 6.1 :S

I have my reservations about android, especially since you're limited to the internal memory of the phone for apps...that's just stupid....so your phone has 8gb or whatever (limited by the sd card) but the internal memory is only 256mb and that's all the space you can have for apps...that's pathetic.
    11-01-2009 11:16 PM
    I could get the move from the Fuze to the iPhone, tiny screen, slow, wm 6.1 :S

I have my reservations about android, especially since you're limited to the internal memory of the phone for apps...that's just stupid....so your phone has 8gb or whatever (limited by the sd card) but the internal memory is only 256mb and that's all the space you can have for apps...that's pathetic.
    iphone 3g is 128 megs, iphone 3gs is 256..... what am i missing?
    11-01-2009 11:25 PM
    Actually the app memory on the iPhone is limited to the version of iPhone you have. If you have a 4GB then its 4GB if its an 8GB then you have 8GB and so on, up to 32GB. A friend of mine had 8 pages of apps totaling in about 290MB.
    11-01-2009 11:31 PM
    and if you had bigger apps it could be gone in much less..Uno on the iphone is over 59 mb's alone take 5 apps that size and if the iphone was limited to internal memory vs the size of the hard disk you'd be done.
    11-01-2009 11:50 PM
    Don't confuse storage size (the 8 or 32 GB on the iPhone) with RAM - the space you need to load/run a game.

This is one of the reasons you can't multitask on the iPhone. If you load up a nav app, that's usually your entire RAM gone and trying to load another app would either crash you or just not load.
    11-02-2009 06:51 AM
    we're not discussing ram, we're discussing internal storage re the Hero. Those devices come with ram + internal storage + an external storage source like a micro sd card.

Apps can only be installed to the internal memory, which is by default quite small. Incidentally Windows Mobile with the new marketplace is doing the same thing. Apps downloaded from the marketplace can only be installed to the internal storage. Just silly.
    11-02-2009 08:06 AM
    we're not discussing ram, we're discussing internal storage re the Hero. Those devices come with ram + internal storage + an external storage source like a micro sd card.

Apps can only be installed to the internal memory, which is by default quite small. Incidentally Windows Mobile with the new marketplace is doing the same thing. Apps downloaded from the marketplace can only be installed to the internal storage. Just silly.
    the hero only comes with ram, and rom for the base of the os where its loaded into the ram, everything runs off the ram and its also where apps are stored. unlike the iphone or the nokia n900
    11-02-2009 10:20 AM
    And unlike the Windows Marketplace, the Android store will let you purchase to your sd card - if you have a device that supports a card.
    11-02-2009 11:09 AM
    with Android 2.0 rolling out, the HTC Hero will be a completely refreshed/good phone!
    Hero doesn't have multi-touch. Plus the browser isn't as nice...and it won't allow you to install any apps after 256mb. That seems really lame to me.
    11-02-2009 12:09 PM
    Hero doesn't have multi-touch. Plus the browser isn't as nice...and it won't allow you to install any apps after 256mb. That seems really lame to me.
    2.1 android will fix the install problem.

rooting ( androids version to jailbreaking) will allow you to install to sd card. also the moto driod eu actually shows off multi touch, which is weird must be an apple us patent or something.
    11-02-2009 12:11 PM
    The Hero has multitouch, I owned one. You can pinch to zoom and all that jazz, it was just wonky and slow.
    11-03-2009 11:20 PM
    I too am curious about a lot of phones, but I haven't come across anything that compares to the iPhone. Even the devices projected to come out in the first and second quarters of next year don't seem to match up. Plus, come next June, there will be another iPhone. That's what I am waiting for.
    11-07-2009 05:06 AM
    I will be jumping ship for htc hd2. Iphone interface is starting to feel childish, I want an adult phone.
    11-08-2009 05:02 PM
    The thing I consider is that the iPhone obviously wont stay the same forever they need to stay competitive. So when you switch to some new phone then the new iPhone comes out with even more features you're stuck because you don't have the cash to ditch your new phone and get the new iPhone or you're locked in to a contract. I am usually curious about new phones but not even considering switching.
    11-08-2009 05:13 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD