How many times have I been down that "I want something new" road..

Whats best or most enjoyable is subjective. You have to decide for yourself what features are most important to you. I own Android and iPhone devices simultaneously now. Android has some great stuff going on but it cant match the fit and finish of the iPhone OS, at least not yet in my opinion. When I want clean, simple, and intuitive user experience I always default back to Apple. Mobile tech has taken off so much in the last 6 months to a year that the latest and greatest does not stay that way for very long. My money however is on Apple to stay ahead of the pack, in my opinion their hardware and software engineers are the elite in the industry. I am rooting for Android to finally dominate the mobile scene as well. I really love both platforms.
    11-08-2009 07:13 PM
    I wanted something new when I switched to the Hero in the first place and it just wasn't my cup of tea. If anything the only other OS that I may use is Blackberry, it works well and has been around for a long time.
    11-09-2009 09:59 AM
    true, I will wait until the next generation of iphone to be announced before i leave, but htc's sense ui is really tempting. If HD2 were running droid instead of win mobile, it would be a no brainer for me.
    11-09-2009 05:55 PM
    I have had this "need for something new" quite a few times, I think it's a sickness! I originally had the iPhone 3G then went to the BB Bold, returned to the 3G. Next went to the iPhone 3GS and then to the BB 8900, returned to the 3GS. Recently tried the Storm 2 and Motorola Droid on VERIZON, NO GO! I am happy to be back with my beloved 3GS. I'm not interested in the whole jail breaking scene. There are a few things that I wish APPLE would add to their product (LED Notification, more background processes, haptic feedback) but it is absolutely a solid device! As previously stated in other posts the competition will help nudge APPLE in the right direction.
    Last edited by ddulaney14; 11-10-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    11-10-2009 08:58 AM
    Ipheuria is right. Those who jump ship now will be sorry when the new iPhone is released and it will netter than these devices that are coming out now. To be honest with you. I haven't seen or heard of a future device that is better than the 3GS. Let alone compete with the next generation iPhone. I am confident that Apple will come out with something really special.
    11-10-2009 06:32 PM
    I'm confident as well. They don't really have any where else to go (that's upgrade worthy) besides multitasking & high res screens.
    11-10-2009 07:09 PM
    I am also holing for a front-facing camera for video calling. I think that, along with flash support for the browser, and a new UI that has a today screen will be all the iPhone needs to stay on top for the next couple of years.
    11-26-2009 09:52 PM
    I will be jumping ship for htc hd2. Iphone interface is starting to feel childish, I want an adult phone.
    I too will be jumping ship for the HD2...well kind of. My iPhone is company issued. I just recently upgraded my personal phone account to the Touch Pro 2 and I actually wasn't satisfied. The HD2 however will be a different story. That phone is just monsterous.
    11-27-2009 10:20 PM
    Ipheuria is right. Those who jump ship now will be sorry when the new iPhone is released and it will netter than these devices that are coming out now. To be honest with you. I haven't seen or heard of a future device that is better than the 3GS. Let alone compete with the next generation iPhone. I am confident that Apple will come out with something really special.

Then you haven't seen the HTC HD2.
    11-27-2009 10:23 PM
    I have and I have used one before. Someone I work with has one and believe me, I am way happier with my phone. It just works with all of my media and contacts and I love the texting on my phone. I just think HTC makes garbage. I still have not seen a phone of theirs that performs nearly as well as even the iPhone 3G. The 3GS will be the best phone until the new iPhone makes me buy it for way too much.
    11-27-2009 11:33 PM
    HTC makes solid hardware. There are, however, two problems with the HD2. One, it is monstrous big - almost too big to put in a pocket or even hold comfortably in your hand. Two, it still runs Windows Mobile, and lags as badly as any other device with that os.
    11-28-2009 11:25 AM
    I've read so much hype about the Hero that I actually wanted to jump ship and try it out. The Hero being a CDMA phone and not GSM was the deciding factor along with Sprint's poor coverage in my area.
    A at&t customer should never talk about another company coverage map esp not a Verizon or sprint
    11-28-2009 02:30 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD