just switched over from htc hero (sprint)

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I am amazed. I used to have a 3G and decided (stupidly) that I wanted something different, something that everyone else didn't already have. So, I went to Best Buy, had them cancel my Sprint contract and bought a 16GB 3GS (in white so I could still be kind of different) and I must say that I missed you trusty iPhone OS and all of your quirks. It may have some funny bugs, but I love it and I think that the voice feature is fantastic. So welcome back iPhone and please reintroduce yourself to my MacBook!

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking of switching from a 3GS to a HTC Tilt 2.. you coming back has thrown a wrench into decision making process here..

gbourland

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I see ads for new phone all the time. It makes me curious but when it comes down to it the Iphone and its capabilities are unmatched. Just my opinion but really, I know that other devices wont do everything my iphone will. Welcome back.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I really don't miss much about the Hero, it was slow and wonky. It was cool to be able to customize the screens, but the apps sucked so it didn't matter. Widgets are awesome though, so I guess that would be my choice.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The HTC Tilt isn't the same as the Hero though. What were your reasons for considering going back to the tilt?

I heard from reviews/videos that the tilt 2 is much improved and that that screen is a little bit bigger and high res(not sure if thats true or not) also want to try out WinMo 6.5.

I do love my iphone though so chances are I wont switch, but I am definitely considering it right now though..

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
it is much improved from previous generation wm phones, i have the htc touch hd running the leo version of tf3d, but what wm lacks right now is the kind of development you find on the iphone.

It will really depend on your uses. But the screen is bigger and yes higher resolution, so that is nice.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I also made the switch from and HTC Fuze to the iPhone and I am not going back...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've read so much hype about the Hero that I actually wanted to jump ship and try it out. The Hero being a CDMA phone and not GSM was the deciding factor along with Sprint's poor coverage in my area.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I also made the switch from and HTC Fuze to the iPhone and I am not going back...

I could get the move from the Fuze to the iPhone, tiny screen, slow, wm 6.1 :S

I have my reservations about android, especially since you're limited to the internal memory of the phone for apps...that's just stupid....so your phone has 8gb or whatever (limited by the sd card) but the internal memory is only 256mb and that's all the space you can have for apps...that's pathetic.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I could get the move from the Fuze to the iPhone, tiny screen, slow, wm 6.1 :S

I have my reservations about android, especially since you're limited to the internal memory of the phone for apps...that's just stupid....so your phone has 8gb or whatever (limited by the sd card) but the internal memory is only 256mb and that's all the space you can have for apps...that's pathetic.

iphone 3g is 128 megs, iphone 3gs is 256..... what am i missing?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Actually the app memory on the iPhone is limited to the version of iPhone you have. If you have a 4GB then its 4GB if its an 8GB then you have 8GB and so on, up to 32GB. A friend of mine had 8 pages of apps totaling in about 290MB.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
and if you had bigger apps it could be gone in much less..Uno on the iphone is over 59 mb's alone take 5 apps that size and if the iphone was limited to internal memory vs the size of the hard disk you'd be done.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Don't confuse storage size (the 8 or 32 GB on the iPhone) with RAM - the space you need to load/run a game.

This is one of the reasons you can't multitask on the iPhone. If you load up a nav app, that's usually your entire RAM gone and trying to load another app would either crash you or just not load.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
we're not discussing ram, we're discussing internal storage re the Hero. Those devices come with ram + internal storage + an external storage source like a micro sd card.

Apps can only be installed to the internal memory, which is by default quite small. Incidentally Windows Mobile with the new marketplace is doing the same thing. Apps downloaded from the marketplace can only be installed to the internal storage. Just silly.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
we're not discussing ram, we're discussing internal storage re the Hero. Those devices come with ram + internal storage + an external storage source like a micro sd card.

Apps can only be installed to the internal memory, which is by default quite small. Incidentally Windows Mobile with the new marketplace is doing the same thing. Apps downloaded from the marketplace can only be installed to the internal storage. Just silly.

the hero only comes with ram, and rom for the base of the os where its loaded into the ram, everything runs off the ram and its also where apps are stored. unlike the iphone or the nokia n900

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And unlike the Windows Marketplace, the Android store will let you purchase to your sd card - if you have a device that supports a card.