...better with a case? IMO, I think my iPhone looks better with a case on it than without one. Not only does it look better with the case, I also think it is easier to handle with one because it seems like the phone is almost too thin. Lol. The bare plastic back also doesn't look particularly good to me for some reason.
    10-30-2009 10:11 PM
    Hmmm, I think a majority of the people, including myself, will disagree with you. Just my opinion though.
    10-31-2009 12:25 AM
    Hmmm, I think a majority of the people, including myself, will disagree with you. Just my opinion though.
    Definitely agree.

I do use a case from time to time but I hate it. Love the feel of just the iPhone.
    10-31-2009 12:50 AM
    I got no case in my iphone. Just a plain black skin to prevent scratches Prefer it that way.
    10-31-2009 12:52 AM
    i love it with no case but..............i use the otterbox defender....go figure
    10-31-2009 01:52 AM
    I also prefer it without a case but the only time I see mine without one is when I'm cleaning it. I do agree about it feeling too thin when I'm cleaning it I always make sure it's over a desk because it slips out of my hand frequently. The one phone I love without a cover was my first gen it just feels so styrdy and of substance and with the aluminum back IMO nicer. I read the plastic back is for better reception but how come my GF who has my 2G gets reception in her basement when I don't
    10-31-2009 07:14 AM
    Call me crazy but I have the Mophie Juice Pack Air which adds a lot of bulk to the iPhone but it makes it easier to type with two thumbs in potrait. I think it is the added weight, I'm not sure. When I put it in a slim slider case it is harder to type that way and my hand gets really tired typing with one thumb. As I said, call me crazy!
    10-31-2009 07:15 AM
    I love my iPhone without a case!
    10-31-2009 07:38 AM
    I use iPhone 3G Lambskin Leather Case. It is one of the most qualitative cases in this market. But frankly speaking, I just love my iPhone without the case. But I suggest everyone to use it because it protects your phone better than anything else.
    10-31-2009 08:59 AM
    I agree with iBoxta. The phone is too slippery, especially if you got big hands like I do. Plus the finish is so easy to scratch. I got two cases from SwitchEasy that I like to use. The cases are nice looking, protects the phone, and low profile so the phone can still fit in my pocket.
    10-31-2009 10:22 AM
    I have used several different cases and haven't liked very many of them! The one I use know is from Speck and has a fabric back which makes my iPhone easier to hold. The one thing I just can't get used to is when I use a screen protector! It seems to be a finger print magnet and gets very irritating to me.
    10-31-2009 01:09 PM
    I think it looks better without a case, but for some odd reason, the iPhone is the only phone I've ever had where I've felt the need to have a case/screen protector on it. Maybe it's because I plan on keeping it for my full 2 year contract and I'd like it to stay nice so I can get decent resell value when it's time to upgrade? I can't say for sure.
    10-31-2009 01:19 PM
    I much prefer my iPhone without a case. I love how it looks and how it feels in my hands.
    10-31-2009 01:25 PM
    I think the iPhone looks better without a case but your not likely to ever see mine without its Seido case.
    10-31-2009 01:25 PM
    I, too, feel the current iPhone is too slippery. The original iPhone at least had the aluminum back which, IMO, felt sturdier and I was able to bold on to it. So I did not use it with a case. When I jumped to the 3gs, I have never had it out of it's " Vaja" case accept for cleaning. I hate how cheap the back plastic feels and yes it is prone to scratches. I must say, though, I love my 3GS! Well worth the upgrade from my 1st gen iPhone.
    Last edited by chobbs1; 11-01-2009 at 11:21 AM.
    11-01-2009 11:18 AM
    Ok, here's what I mean... IMO, the phone just looks more slick in a case that covers up that small writing in the back of the phone saying that it was assembled in China and showing the FCC ID#. I don't need to see all that stuff.

Front/side view with a Case-mate chrome case on:

Back view:
    11-01-2009 08:25 PM
    I've had my 3G in a case since I bought it. However, I had the Switcheasy "Arctic" case and the clear started looking trashy. I thought about buying a new one, however have become particularly fond of the caseless phone.

I agree that it feels much slipperier and I am more nervous to drop it. I never thought I would, but then I did with my case on. No damage which is awesome. We'll have to see what the future holds.
    11-03-2009 01:09 PM
    Really six of one, half dozen of the other.

If you like a beefer feel then case away. If you like the slim sexiness then go caseless. I use a case mostly to protect my phone. I went with the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel because I like the flashyness and protection it provides.
    11-03-2009 02:05 PM
    I definitely like the naked feeling better, but I have/use a case.

The Seido Innocase II ... it isn't too bad.
    11-03-2009 03:42 PM
    I put my iphone 3gs in a Otter Defender the day I got it, and it has never been out of it...
    I forgot what it looks like nekkid now...
    11-03-2009 07:24 PM
    Yeah, it's just you.

I had my iPhone naked since I had the 3GS. I can't take the case.
    11-03-2009 07:46 PM
    Yeah, it's just you.

I had my iPhone naked since I had the 3GS. I can't take the case.
    Actually, according to the responses in this thread, there are 3 other people who agree with me, so it's not just me, but thanks for your input.
    11-04-2009 05:00 AM
    Actually, according to the responses in this thread, there are 3 other people who agree with me, so it's not just me, but thanks for your input.
    lol okay. 3 out of about 21 responses ain't really that bad. Ha.
    11-04-2009 08:33 AM
    I like it without a case, albeit a bit slippery from time to time. Nonetheless, I tend to have a Case-Mate on it...
    11-04-2009 08:39 AM
    Ilike mine with or without a case equally, but I leave mine in the Capsule Rebel case all the time to keep it from getting wrecked.
    11-04-2009 08:58 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD