Is it just me, or does anyone else think the iPhone looks...

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
...better with a case? IMO, I think my iPhone looks better with a case on it than without one. Not only does it look better with the case, I also think it is easier to handle with one because it seems like the phone is almost too thin. Lol. The bare plastic back also doesn't look particularly good to me for some reason.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also prefer it without a case but the only time I see mine without one is when I'm cleaning it. I do agree about it feeling too thin when I'm cleaning it I always make sure it's over a desk because it slips out of my hand frequently. The one phone I love without a cover was my first gen it just feels so styrdy and of substance and with the aluminum back IMO nicer. I read the plastic back is for better reception but how come my GF who has my 2G gets reception in her basement when I don't :confused:

ellenm1206

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Call me crazy but I have the Mophie Juice Pack Air which adds a lot of bulk to the iPhone but it makes it easier to type with two thumbs in potrait. I think it is the added weight, I'm not sure. When I put it in a slim slider case it is harder to type that way and my hand gets really tired typing with one thumb. As I said, call me crazy!

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I use iPhone 3G Lambskin Leather Case. It is one of the most qualitative cases in this market. But frankly speaking, I just love my iPhone without the case. But I suggest everyone to use it because it protects your phone better than anything else.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree with iBoxta. The phone is too slippery, especially if you got big hands like I do. Plus the finish is so easy to scratch. I got two cases from SwitchEasy that I like to use. The cases are nice looking, protects the phone, and low profile so the phone can still fit in my pocket.

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I have used several different cases and haven't liked very many of them! The one I use know is from Speck and has a fabric back which makes my iPhone easier to hold. The one thing I just can't get used to is when I use a screen protector! It seems to be a finger print magnet and gets very irritating to me.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I think it looks better without a case, but for some odd reason, the iPhone is the only phone I've ever had where I've felt the need to have a case/screen protector on it. Maybe it's because I plan on keeping it for my full 2 year contract and I'd like it to stay nice so I can get decent resell value when it's time to upgrade? I can't say for sure.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I think the iPhone looks better without a case but your not likely to ever see mine without its Seido case.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I, too, feel the current iPhone is too slippery. The original iPhone at least had the aluminum back which, IMO, felt sturdier and I was able to bold on to it. So I did not use it with a case. When I jumped to the 3gs, I have never had it out of it's " Vaja" case accept for cleaning. I hate how cheap the back plastic feels and yes it is prone to scratches. I must say, though, I love my 3GS! Well worth the upgrade from my 1st gen iPhone.

Last edited:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, here's what I mean... IMO, the phone just looks more slick in a case that covers up that small writing in the back of the phone saying that it was assembled in China and showing the FCC ID#. I don't need to see all that stuff.

Front/side view with a Case-mate chrome case on:
20sjgcj.gif

Back view:
jfi4nb.gif

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
I've had my 3G in a case since I bought it. However, I had the Switcheasy "Arctic" case and the clear started looking trashy. I thought about buying a new one, however have become particularly fond of the caseless phone.

I agree that it feels much slipperier and I am more nervous to drop it. I never thought I would, but then I did with my case on. No damage which is awesome. We'll have to see what the future holds.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Really six of one, half dozen of the other.

If you like a beefer feel then case away. If you like the slim sexiness then go caseless. I use a case mostly to protect my phone. I went with the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel because I like the flashyness and protection it provides.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I definitely like the naked feeling better, but I have/use a case.

The Seido Innocase II ... it isn't too bad.

sheriff

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I put my iphone 3gs in a Otter Defender the day I got it, and it has never been out of it...
I forgot what it looks like nekkid now...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen