How to set various formats???

timofcanada

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set date formats, and other formats such as currency, numbers, and language?

I have tried to find a Canadian date format. Apple mistakenly feels that we use the mm.dd.yyyy format similar to the USA. But, as a commonwealth county (1.85 billion people) we use the Commonwealth system. I have set my preferences to Australia in order to get the correct format, but then when I enter addresses, it assumes I am in Australia. Similarly I have not been able to find a telephone format that works. I prefer +1 51 44 88 88 36 but will settle with +1 514 488 88 36 if need be. Anything but the (514) 488-8836 layout that forces one to insert brackets and dashes (or hyphens).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you're going to find something so custom on the phone. You could find out if it's possible if the phone is JB but even then I don't know.

teryan2006

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Re: various formats

Sadly there's no way to customize this, as in select specific formats for date and another format for phone numbers. But truthfully, living in Toronto, I see the mm-dd-yyyy format more often than the commonwealth system. Regarding brackets and dashes, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I've never have to manually enter them. The OS automatically formats the numbers when you enter, and data detectors continue to work without the brackets or dashses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73