win7 and iphone help

shally

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Hello, im having some serious issues with syncing my iphone with my new laptop which is running win7

Ill try and explain this the best i can. To get my music and apps across to my new pc i used the itunes backup disks. This went smoothly.

Tonight i then decided to try and connect my iphone to the new pc. This is when it becomes messy...

I connected it the first time everything looked good until i received an error about transferring files and something about a missing file or something i cant really remember cos i closed it.

Then i decided the best thing would be to restore my iphone and try connecting it fresh to my new computer. All was good until it frooze my itunes just after asking about syncing contacts/calander etc. I tried this 2 or 3 time with the same result each time and restarting the computer each new time i tried.

I then connected my phone back to my old PC to get it alive again. This worked. i connected it back to the win7 laptop and i through i was finally able to do everything.....

I transferred my contacts, music and applications then stupid me decided i should transfer my pictures and once again an error.

After this error message, when i connect the phone to the computer it comes up with the restore iphone or restore backup

I'm so over it and out of ideas then only thing i can think of is reinstalling itunes

any help would be appreciated

BTW im running a DV6-2005TX
windows7 home premium 32bit (if this makes any difference)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Copy everything you're trying to sync to the new pc. Don't try to do it in pieces and sync with two computers, it's just more trouble than it's worth. There are severral threads that discuss syncing to new computers, or using multiple computers - worth checking them.

shally

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I tried uninstalling itunes and connecting my phone but when i did this it just tried to sync for about 20 mins without going doing anything else

The only other thing i can think of is what else dose itunes install when you install it?

could one of these other programs be causing the issue?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can't sync the iPhone if iTunes isn't installed.

At this point, you might just have to sync new with the new pc and make sure you put everything you want on the new machine.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Once I had a same kind of problem like yours. My phone was charging but was not syncing with any PC. After a bit searching, I found that Windows 7 Home premium does not support XP programs. And after that I tried to run iTunes in Vista compatibility mode. And everything worked for me again.

shally

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok now i have done everything i can think of.

Today i removed itunes, deleted the itunes folder and deleted the backup of my iphone.

I then started my iphone on DFU mode and connected to itunes so basically a fresh iphone and fresh itunes.

I then went through the update and that then i was asked to setup my new iphone so i told it to sync contacts to windows contacts and applications.

This took agers to complete i was then presented with an unknown error, i clicked ok and it then synced my contacts. After this another box appeared saying that a folder was specified instead of a file.

Anyone have any similar problems anyone got anymore ideas?

shally

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I saw that floating around the internet but im unsure if this is my problem i get different errors to whats being reported i think i mighty just wait for a few updates and then try again

Thanks for your help

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I had something like this and was pulling my hair out trying to find the fix for it. It seemed that syncing pictures it was pointing to the wrong folder on my PC ( for whatever reason ). Make sure that the pictures folder ( in iTunes ) is pointing to the right pictures folder on your machine ( as this is different on XP than it is now on Vista and Windows 7 )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2