First off, please excuse my explanation. I have no experience with iPhones...

I acquired an iPhone and I am unsure of generation (I think it may be first but has the ability to use 3G). I am also unsure of what version of software it is using...

It was suggested I reset the phone in order to start on a clean slate, so I did. I initiated the process at work without having it connected to a computer, perhaps my first mistake.

When I power it up (from being off) the Apple icon appears for about 30 seconds and then disappears. After about another 15 seconds the Apple icon reappears along with the thinking wheel in the foreground and then both disappear after another 15 seconds. This process repeats itself a number of times...

Once in a while the screen flashes white for a half second and sometimes a battery appears (with a red sliver) along with a lightning bolt underneath it. After about 5 minutes the phone goes back to the process of Apple icon and thinking wheel...

I do not know anything about the history of this particular phone or how it was used previously.

The phone does not come up in XP or iTunes...
    10-28-2009 11:43 PM
    The phone battery is dead , go plug it in for about an hour , then try and boot it up
    10-29-2009 07:37 AM
    I manged to get it sorted. Thanks for the assistance.
    10-29-2009 11:47 AM
    I have faced the same sort of problem in my earlier days with iPhone. But never sorted it out and replaced my iPhone. But I was sure that my battery was not dead. Then what was the problem? Do you know anything about it? I am just curious to know, thats all.
    10-31-2009 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD