Bypass Passcode 3.0 FW

crashwins

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I recently received an iphone with 3.0 FW (I'm almost positive) that was in a lost and found for 4 months. Everything had been tried to contact the owner (even ATT and the IMEI code), but the guy never came through. We believe he was an international student and is simply gone. Anyway, I don't feel bad about keeping it anymore given all the work we put into finding him and if I dropped it off at an ATT store, someone would probably just pocket it there for himself anyway.

So, the phone has a passcode on it. I've JB an iphone before and had no problem doing it. So how do I bypass the passcode? Should I just use redsnow and the FW like I did before or could I do something to simply eliminate the passcode? I don't care about "nuking" the device and deleting everything, of course. Not sure how to go about it since iTunes won't even go near it so I can't use custom FW like I did before. Anyway, thanks for reading and have a good day

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
I'd have to go halvesies with @flyingember. DFU mode should eliminate the passcode and just update your firmware but I'd look further into that if you plan on unlocking it because of the baseband. (again in agreement with flying ember)

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I have seen your thread in some forums also. Whatever, Ziphone mod bypass passcode without losing data. Put in restore mode and run ziphone. It might work for you. But if it works then try to find the owner by the contacts.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Or you can call Apple and see if the IMEI number can be traced to the owner, or just search which teleco has that IMEI registered and go from them. Many more options before you get a free iPhone and someone has one less iPhone. IMHO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice