refurbished 3G or new 3GS?

McNooberson

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
First off, I'd like to say hi to all of ya, this is my first post. :D

Now, im soon going to be switching to an iphone, and i was searching the ATT site today and saw that they are selling 16gb 3G iphone for only $99!!

Is it worth it to get the 3G instead of the 3GS and save the $100 or should i buckle down and buy a brand new 3GS?

I can always jailbreak the 3G to get video and such, correct?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
First off, I'd like to say hi to all of ya, this is my first post. :D

Now, im soon going to be switching to an iphone, and i was searching the ATT site today and saw that they are selling 16gb 3G iphone for only $99!!

Is it worth it to get the 3G instead of the 3GS and save the $100 or should i buckle down and buy a brand new 3GS?

I can always jailbreak the 3G to get video and such, correct?

yeah, you could probably jailbreak it to get video, but the 3gs also runs faster than the 3g. The 3gs video feature also allows you to trim your videos. Not sure if the jailbroken ones can do that.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Also the 99 dollar 3g isnoy a refurbish!

But I still think buying the 3gs is the smart move. It is much faster. The camera is better. There is video. If you jailbreak to get video on the3g you only get 15 fps on a non jailbroken 3gs the frame rat is 30fps. The processors are also twice as fast! That is huge!!!!! The compass is great for virtual reality apps and maps. Voice control totally rocks and works via Bluetooth. The 3gs IMO is a huge jump from the 3g

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
The processor is not twice as fast but you have more memory in the 3gs so it will seem faster. the 3g has 412mhz the 3gs is 600mhz.

The 3gs does do better graphics though, as well as the other things that the other posters mentioned.