Can't believe what an iPhone can do

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
This is day 3 for my first iPhone.

I am truly amazed at what this phone is capable of doing and the way it does it. I am feeling a lot less overwhelmed than I was before, thank God. I don't think I have mentioned this, but I am 53, so this is a huge step for me.

My first cell phone was a bag cell phone back in the mid 90s.

So far I have downloaded some Apps from Cydia and even one from the Apple Apps store. Found out I can get pictures through email, got those accounts set up. This is a great little phone!

I am repeatedly grateful for getting the iPhone for Dummies book, I have referenced it a lot and it is helpful.

I have noticed I have to recharge the battery daily though.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I love my phone too but it's been a love/almost hate relationship over the last year. The main cause of my frustrations is with Apple and dealing with their closed source architecture and the constant cat and mouse games. But jailbreaking is the best thing I've ever done and has brought me new love for my iPhone.

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded off of Cydia the solid status bar and then the solid status bar fix, but when I use an application and return to the main menu screens, the solid status bar is still gone until the phone blacks out and I push the home key.

Anyone know any fixes for this?

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I love my phone, I just noticed today now that I'm looking for a netbook that I'm going to pay less for a netbook than I paid for my phone LOL

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I got real lucky with my first iPhone that I just purchased. Got it off ebay, paid $164.95, 2g 8gb, screen cracked but everything works perfectly. I can't believe what these suckers cost, especially new!

I am going to thoroughly learn how to use it, explore the apps and then decide if I want to invest in a newer/better model.

Right now, I am still like a kid with a new toy!

I did get an otterbox defender for it, figured that would protect the screen from further damage.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Carlbear, The longer you have your iPhone the MORE it WILL grow on you. I got my wife one first. she could NOT put it down... Finally I got one for me... NOW I can't put it down... Yes it TRUELY is amazing what the iPhone is capable of... Expecially if your nOT tied to Apple and the iStore. I say JB and soup the ***** Up... That is the advice I was given and I've NEVER looked back... My iPhone has taken the place of my clumsy laptop (we drive cross country) and use internet extensively. Have FUN, ENJOY, Welcome HOME...

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I notices when I first got my iphone the battery was bad. I had to charge it daily. But after a couple of months I wasn't always attached to it playing games, searching for apps, everything else an iphone can do. After that the battery life was much better. Now I only have to charge it every other day.

Last edited:

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I found new things to do every day and I have had one from day one , I especially love my phone more after jailbreaking it .

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
How can you guys say the iPhone is great, since Verizon says it doesn't have a REAL keyboard? lmao

Btw, my iPhone, dare I say, is THE best single piece of electronics that I have ever owned.

carlbear

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I have already found a repair place, brick and mortar shop, in Dallas that can replace the cracked screen for a total of $145 for my 2g and I am going to have that done. I also found a brick and mortar store in Arlington where I can get a features package of a lot of different useful apps, ringtones, wallpapers, etc installed for $50 and I mean a huge number of them.

Yea, I can tell I have found my forever phone here. lol

My iPhone is both unlocked and jailbroken running 3.0 firmware

I found a maps icon on it, that what I was looking for as far as driving directions, I don't need a high tech visual thing that shows a car going down a freeway and the exit to take, etc. lol. Also I found with the email app and my gmail account that I can receive pics and I guess send them? That is something else I was really interested in.

I am not a texter at all, if I have a cell phone and you have a cell phone, why can't we just talk? lol

Showing my age here I guess.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
How can you guys say the iPhone is great, since Verizon says it doesn't have a REAL keyboard? lmao

Btw, my iPhone, dare I say, is THE best single piece of electronics that I have ever owned.

Yea, They should say " iCan't get the iPhone " lol

sheriff

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am another old dude (51) who is diggin' his iphone. mine is bone stock right now, and even stock it is superb compared to my previous crackberry and voyager.

ellenm1206

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had my iPhone for just over a month now after switching from Verizon and a Samsung Omnia. I didn't want to go over to AT&T because of past history but after enviously watching my boss with her iPhone I had to get one. I have an iPod Touch so I knew the differences between the feel of that and the Omnia. I wanted to love my Omnia but even after changing it to my needs the keyboard never matched the iPod Touch nor did browsing in Opera match the browsing with Safari. The iPhone is intuitive where other smart phones are clunky.

I have mine jb and have categories to organize apps. I also have IntelliScreen and am testing MyWi for tethering. I also was concerned about the battery so I got the Mophie Juice Pack Air and am very happy with the purchase. I use the iPhone like a computer so I go through the battery pretty quickly. With the Juice Pack Air I have plenty of battery to get through the day.

karb0n

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hands down best phone I've ever had, without being a fanboy of any sort. It's just perfect for everything I use it for. Only thing I have to say is that the battery time is a bit low if you use 3G/EDGE or the like, not sure how much it's been improved in 3GS. (Anyone here that knows? Please do tell!)

Other than that it's an amazing phone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR