The first time I saw the iPhone I felt it was designed from the iMac.

Since the iMac has been slightly redesigned,I feel that the iPhone will borrow some of the design for the fourth generation.

The main thing I hope they add is screen. On the new iMac the glass goes the edge. That will give the iPhone a slightly larger screen.

Also IPS ( in-plain switching ) might be added to the screen.

I also hope they add the same texture from the back of the iMacs. I own the previous iMac and I love how the back of it feels compared to the plastic.

What do you guys think ? If apple redesigns the next iPhone , What you think They will change ?
    10-22-2009 02:42 PM
    Seems reasonable. I think the OS update will be a completely new gui design though. The hardware might change with the addition of a bigger camera and a flash, maybe a front facing camera.
    10-22-2009 02:54 PM
    Another camera upgrade? I want maybe a 5MP camera, but they already upgraded it on the 3GS...think they will upgrade it again??
    10-22-2009 02:57 PM
    Hmm. Not sure about the edge to edge glass. I think the bezel is nice protection for a phone. And if they did choose to do edge to edge, It wouldn't change the amount of usable screen, there would just be a bigger black boarder.

I hope they do make some minor design changes though.
    10-22-2009 02:59 PM
    Apple would have to make some pretty radical changes to warrant me dropping another $300+ on a newer phone. Even with the 3Gs out, my 3G serves me well.

I would like to see a redesign of the OS, but I doubt that will happen. Apple seems to think they know what's better for us than we do.....and I couldn't disagree with them more.
    10-22-2009 04:58 PM
    I would love to have the homescreens rotate too so I don't have to go landscape to portrait to landscape with my phone when switching between apps. They should have a switch arrow at the bottom of the screen and when you touch it the app icon tiles revolve to show icons of other apps. This would double the number of apps per homescreen.
    10-22-2009 10:33 PM
    We may see a big change in the look of the UI this time. Maybe something along the lines of a today screen. I'm thinking that multitasking will be featured in the new OS. toake the most of this feature, the UI will need to change. Just my thoughts.
    10-23-2009 10:26 PM
    All I hope for is that the next generation iphone OS includes multitasking. The ability to run multiple apps will make it so much better, android and windows mobile already do this.
    10-24-2009 05:17 AM
    Here's the problem with multitasking, it slows things down. There is always a compromise of some sorts and if people don't understand that it will lead to complaints. So it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't kinda thing. I would love multi-tasking and I know you can't get everything you want and eat it to so there is a bit of give and take when you receive new options but not all users are like that. I currently have a 5 sec delay when opening certain apps when compared to a 3G[s] to me I don't care it's 5 freaking seconds but to some they would call bloody murder.
    10-24-2009 10:27 AM
    yes. I agree with the UI change. The UI of OS X has been changing so I hope the iPhone OS does as well.
    10-24-2009 02:00 PM
    Would love to see the UI slightly refreshed, along with possibly different colors for the back besides white and black.. maybe a silver and red?
    10-24-2009 08:50 PM
    I would love to see the ability to select a Cover Flow style on the screen to select apps with. Just make it a selection.
    10-25-2009 05:33 AM
    I would love to see the ability to select a Cover Flow style on the screen to select apps with. Just make it a selection.
    Good idea, Never thought of that but I'd like that also! Would also be cool if Apple make there own themes that you can download right on the iPhone. (No Jailbreak Required)
    10-25-2009 07:34 AM
    Word, man.
    10-25-2009 09:36 AM
    agreed with Omari...
    10-26-2009 06:34 PM
    send that to apple Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    10-26-2009 10:34 PM
    Screen holds twelve apps, most people have like two/three pages of apps so lets say inbetween 24-36 so like 30 apps... Do you really want to scroll through thirty apps in a cover flow setting?

Think about it as it is now.. its basically cover flow right? just that you get to see more covers per swipe.
    10-28-2009 05:44 PM
    Ever heard of alphabetical order?
    10-28-2009 06:13 PM
    Ever heard of alphabetical order?
    Ever heard of no correlation between frequency of app usage and the alphabet?
    10-28-2009 11:18 PM
    Ever heard of just making suggestions? If you don't like it, move on.
    10-29-2009 08:08 AM
    i would like a bigger screen but i do agree that i love the border i dont want my lcd going to the edge like my fiance's bold it will cause ripples.

a new UI is in grave need themes would be cool but at least maybe change the color of springboard and dock? they need to add a little bit of customization. and i do hope they redesign the phone. i wouldnt mind a bigger phone if it included a bigger screen.

i hope it looks different i wish they were able to incorporate the metal back again made the phone so much more durable.
    10-30-2009 03:46 AM
    Hmmmm...a good question. I think Apple will need to redesign the phone for a 4G version. I really miss the metal back of the original iPhone and wish I had 3G capability with the metal back. They will likely stick with an all-plastic body, as it is a reception issue to them. They know the various radios in the phone don't transmit as well through metal.

The redesign will be necessary to distinguish the phone from previous generations. I refused to buy a 3GS, preferring to keep my 3G at least until my contract is up next August. There just wasn't enough to consider that cost.

As far as the UI...I wouldn't expect too many drastic changes. The ability to have a more business-oriented home page, such as a today screen/quick look at upcoming appointments, etc., would be great to have. But the winning UI is the current UI and Apple would be foolish to abandon it.
    10-31-2009 10:50 PM
    I'm new, so go easy on me please.

The top three things I would really like to see are:
    1) true multitasking,
    2)customizability such as themes (for example does anyone else dislike the yellow legal pad for notes or the light grey keyboard?), and
    3) full landscape support accross all native applications.
    11-01-2009 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD