If the iPhone didn't exist, what phone would you be using?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have an old Treo, which I still like 'cos it's nice and simple and has real keys. I've never felt that comfortable with soft-keyboards.
I have continued to use my Treo for navigation until recently. I did not really leave it for the iPhone; I just migrated as new apps replaced old. If there were no iPhone, I would still be using it.

Cannot imagine myself using an 800, Centro, Pre, or Pixie.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
A HTC Hero on AT&T it Tmobile . Still don't like CDMA
I like the performance and function of CDMA well enough. I have had both Sprint and Verizon phones and still have a Verizon broadband card as an alternative to jailbreaking.

CDMA simply does not meet my requirements as well as GSM. Of course, iPhone GSM is not real GSM either. It may take us a decade to get to a real global and open standard. In the meantime, at least we have cheap phones.

Last edited:

bc8240#IM

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I was on Sprint using a 700p prior to the iPhone I would probably still be on sprint using either the HTC Hero or Palm Pre. If I could pick any phone it would be the HTC HD2 with google. :D

TeknologeeFreak

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Before my iPhone, I used mostly Palm devices. I was a huge fan of the Treo. Today, it would probably be a toss-up between the Pixi and a phone runing Android.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Probably an Android based device of some variety. I liked my BlackBerry, but the browser on it was just mediocre at best. And if it's going to be a personal phone, then I want a good browser.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
^ but he's saying he would go with blackberry if the iPhone DIDNT EXIST :)
Yes, and if he had, as of this moment he would be 13 hours into degraded service. Indeed, it took RIMM that long to even acknowledge that there was a problem. Not even "the steaming pile of failure".........

mrburns05

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Oh let's see , hmm... I'd get a cheap flip phone ( vowed to never again waste money on a windoze PDA , failberry, or dud...err I mean droid)

a cheap mp3 player with expensive headphones, and I'd have to take my laptop everywhere with me.

:)

I love this phone (3GS)

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I would be using the HTC HD or an android phone because the HTC looks really nice hardware wise and the android OS looks nice but the iPhone is so much beter because it combines both together.

cvgz

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
If I'd be stuck with AT&T I'd probably stick with a blackberry bold but if there wasn't an iPhone we wouldn't have a cadre of imitators/"innovators" like the pre, pixi, htc etc

tys

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If the iPhone hadn't come along, I'd probably still be using my iPod, Powerbook, digital camera, HP calculator and Motorola RAZR.
If the iPhone suddenly vanished today, I'd probably go out and get a Droid tomorrow, even though I'm apparently the only person in the world who actually prefers AT&T to Verizon.