A curve or hero / pure
    10-23-2009 02:07 PM
    I would definitely say it would be a blackberry bold. I had a curve before I had my iphone and there are some features I miss. I am still adjusting to the iphone and I love it!
    10-23-2009 02:43 PM
    I would probably still be with Verizon using a Storm as that's what I was going to get before a VZW rep insulted my intelligence by telling me that Windows Mobile is "where it's at". Oops...a little ranting??
    Would be waiting for the "Droid"
    10-25-2009 09:29 PM
    probably a Pre for me...Never been much of a fan of blackberries
    10-25-2009 09:38 PM
    I would be using my Palm Treo 650/GSM/PalmOS. I still use it for nav and one or two other apps. Still works great.

I would have a bad taste in my mouth that I was still using a Palm product when Palm has abandoned both GSM and Palm OS. There may be a few CDMA users who wish that Apple had a product on Verizon or Sprint.

The iPhone is my favorite computer and its OS has my favorite user interface.
    10-26-2009 08:51 AM
    Either a Palm Pre or an Android phone of some sort.
    10-26-2009 11:16 AM
    That's a tough question for me to answer. The truth is there are a lot of phones on the market now that probably wouldn't have existed if the iPhone hadn't first paved the way. At least not for a while. RIM, LG, Samsung, HTC all had great devices available already, but the iPhone changed the standard for them all. We have things like Android devices today because of the massive niche that Apple carved with its innovative capacitive touch, efficient and stable computer based OS (WinMo is a joke), and much more. Sure the first generation lacked in some basic functions like picture messaging and the ability to install third party applications, but the platform was so amazing that a community arose to resolve these problems on their own. Jailbreaking revolutionized the use of an already revolutionary device, and eventually forced Apple to implement the App Store, MMS support, and myriad of other fixes. My wife is still using a first gen iPhone and is completely satisfied with it. Truth be told I would probably have ended up using one of Nokia's Symbian offerings or a BlackBerry, as those were the only smart phones at the time that really gave me the use I was looking for. Even so, having experienced the iPhone from first gen to now, there is now no other device that I can live with, and I've tried. The iPhone simply outstrips them all.
    10-26-2009 03:16 PM
    probably a blackberry lol
    10-26-2009 06:36 PM
    i'd be using what i had before my iphone, my blackberry bold.
    10-26-2009 08:51 PM
    If the iPhone didn't exist, I'd be using either a Blackberry Curve or Bold. Its what I came from.
    10-26-2009 10:07 PM
    I would look at another smart phone. However, if you assume that Andriod, Palm Pre, etc, wouldn't exist without the iPhone, which drove technology forward, I guess I would either get a BlackBerry or another Motorola (I had a Razr before the iPhone - yet I'm that guy).
    10-29-2009 04:25 PM
    I would probably get an AT&T Tilt 2 or maybe the new blackberry due to come out in the next few weeks.
    10-29-2009 06:25 PM
    i'd probably be this guy...
    Attached Thumbnails If the iPhone didn't exist, what phone would you be using?-old.jpg  
    10-29-2009 06:34 PM
    i'd probably be this guy...
    Nice Choice!
    10-29-2009 06:39 PM
    I'd have the Tilt 2. I loved my original tilt and I love being able to customize my winmo phone with different cooked roms and apps. BB's are nice too.
    10-29-2009 09:56 PM
    #1 The Droid. I'm really liking what I see as far as specs and the OS.

#2 A BlackBerry - Bold until the Bold 2 hits.

I love my iPhone. BUT, no true multi-tasking, lack of a file system, inability to search/sort/filter email completely, no consolidated inbox, no flash, can't attach files to outgoing email (the only thing close is emailing a photo, which you have to do from the photo album - not from email!).

These shortcomings really try my dedication to my iPhone. I'll never go back to a Windows Mobile device. The Blackberry is dangerously close to being too in need of an update to the OS. The Android OS seems full of potential and promise - especially on a device with the specs the Droid has.

GT
    10-30-2009 11:33 AM
    I'd still be on my Samsung Blackjack I...
    10-30-2009 01:12 PM
    If the iPhone never existed, I'd have a BB Bold.
    10-31-2009 01:32 PM
    If the iPhone was never released, I'd probably still be using a BlackBerry, and probably would have moved to Android. But I surmise that BlackBerry would not have a touchscreen device, nor would Android EXIST in its current iteration if it weren't for the iPhone. It changed everything. Phones have only tried to duplicate the functionality since then.

If you take away the iPhone, these other smartphones are still really impressive feats of engineering.
    10-31-2009 10:45 PM
    I'm changing my mind. I used to have a SE s710a when I had Cingular. That was the nicest cell phone I ever used. I loved that phone.
    11-02-2009 06:45 AM
    I'd still be on a Palm product. The Treo was a great phone before they switched from Palm OS to the MS mobile OS. I always liked them better then the Crackberries.
    11-02-2009 12:23 PM
    If the iPhone didn't exist, Android and WebOS would be so much different that we'd all probably just be using Blackberrys
    11-03-2009 12:17 PM
    If all the competition's products would be the same as they are now, without the iPhone leading the way, I'd be on a an Android device first, then a webOS device.
    11-03-2009 12:44 PM
    Assuming what the guy said above, i'd most definitely be on a Palm phone...whether its a centro or a Pre.

I use some google such as search, maps occasionally, and gmail (though i use outlook or other apps to access it), but i don't care for google as a company. Greed i can identify with and understand. That's the american way. Apple and MS rock.

There is no free lunch. Which is why i'm weary of google.
    11-03-2009 03:42 PM
    Changed my mind, I MIGHT be on a Window Mobile device.
    11-03-2009 03:43 PM
162 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD