You'll have better luck getting your question answered if you ask it in the jailbreak forum, rather than the middle of a thread answering questions about Windows 7.
    11-02-2009 10:53 PM
    I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 by doing a clean install. I'm just syncing my iPhone for the first time since, and I noticed that under the "Photos" tab of the iPhone menu, you can't select specific folders within My Pictures anymore. Is there any way to enable this?
    11-09-2009 12:09 PM
    Im trying to sync my photos and photo albums but it keeps making itunes shut down, but the sync screen is still on my iphone. whats do i doooo
    11-09-2009 03:40 PM
    hi. I just did a clean install of win7 64bit, from vista 32bit. I copied my appdata folder, and itunes folder to a external hard drive.

I forgot to deauthorize vista, before I installed 7 and itunes and authorized it. Anyway, I've copied my old itunes folder over the new one.

Now I'm just worried about connecting my iphone 3gs. I dont want to lose my music (was on manual sync), apps, and most importantly my contacts by connecting to my computer now. And I want to be able to add/remove songs.

Do I have to copy anything from the vista appdata folder? What files and where? Inside Username/appdata/ there are three options local/local low/roaming - and the all have various apple folders inside them too.

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!!
    11-24-2009 07:33 PM
    thanks!!!
    12-12-2009 11:30 AM
    Windows 7 64-bit users: iTunes 9.0.2 x64 which is supposed to be used on all machines running Windows Vista 64-bit as well as Windows 7 64-bit. When I installed it tonight, on a fairly fresh installation of Windows 7 Ultimate (on a Thinkpad W700), it keeps giving me error messages (Unknown errors) every time I sync the iPhone (3G).

I sent the issue to Apple, but maybe someone here has had a similar issue.?

The default installation folder for iTunes 9.0.2 is also totally wrong. It installs itself in "Program Files(x86)", which we all know is the 32-bit folder of any Windows OS in 64-bit flavor. I changed the the install location to the correct one, and it works just as poorly. It did work fine for me in my Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, but at the time, there was no iTunes 9 yet.

Anybody have anything similar happening on your 64-bit PCs?
    12-13-2009 08:41 AM
    I also thought it was strange that iTunes 64-bit installs in the 32-bit Program Files folder, but it's always worked just fine for me there, both under Vista Ultimate 64 and 7 Ultimate 64.

My only suggestion is to make sure you have all Windows updates and install any motherboard drivers and/or BIOS updates from the manufacturer's website.
    12-16-2009 10:53 PM
    I just got a new laptop with W7 installed. I been waiting before I moved my iTunes from my XP laptop, thank you but I do have two questions, DO I use the iTunes backup function or I just move the entire folder myself? and am still using iTunes 8.2 on my XP, can I still use 8.2 on W7? Reason why I still use 8.2 is that my iPhone G2 (OS 3.0) is unlocked/jailbroken and I do not want the problems I read about iPhones being relocked with iTunes 9 and other stuff.....Hope I made sense Thank you
    12-19-2009 02:46 PM
    Thank you so much for this thread. I just got a new PC with Windows 7 and I haven't transferred my mobile applications from my laptop yet. I'll be doing it soon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well!
    01-10-2010 02:01 AM
    My drive crashed and lost everything. Now I'm gonna install win7 and etc but is there a way I can re download all the apps I bought before automatically?
    01-27-2010 10:53 AM
    My gf and I both use Windows 7 Ultimate and haven't experienced any issues with iTunes (besides the usual). CrunchDude, you could try creating a 'new' account on Windows 7 and see if you experience the same issue.
    01-27-2010 11:09 AM
    mickeykool,

When you install iTunes on the new install, just authorize it for your old account and you'll have access to everything you've ever purchased.
    01-27-2010 11:39 AM
    this sound great!
    01-28-2010 04:00 AM
    I too just got a new Windows 7 machine to replace an old one running WinXP. I'm having some trouble migrating iTunes tho First I tried simply copying the entire My Music folder and launching iTunes. That "seemed" to work, but then I realized there were all these "!". iTunes was telling me it could not locate the file... but I could manually point it to the file and it would work. Problem is there's lilke 2000 of these!!! Apple told me to rebuild the database... but that was a crappy solution because then I lost a ton of album artwork, ratings, plays, etc.

Can anyone suggest anything?? I still have the old machine, so do have that as a backup at least.

Thanks in advance,
    Albert
    03-23-2010 02:39 PM
    Scenario: I was running iTunes together with iPhone on Windows XP SP3. Laptop experienced a 'liquid-related incident" and was fried. Hopefully the HDD was intact.
    Now, if the insurance company comes through, well get a new a laptop BUT, for obvious reasons with Windows 7 instead.
    So, if I manage to salvage the iPhone backup file from the (hopefully) undamaged HDD - how do I go about getting it to play nice with the new Windows 7-friend?
    And is it at all possible?
    09-19-2011 07:11 AM
    windows phone is great?
    09-19-2011 08:39 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD