PIM users, what do you think of this?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This is my idea for a better "home" screen. What do you think?

Add a new swipe method (i.e. circle, two fingered, vertical or combination of) across the home screen and it flips over and gives a notification page.

This page would contain info recent calendar items, missed calls, text messages and recent notifications from apps all in a scrolling page. tapping on an item opens the relevant app. do the same flip gesture and and it flips back over to the app screen. If I go to an app from the notification screen when I close the app it returns me to it.

it would let me dismiss notifications and calendar items as I wish. swipe and tape just like a delete

remove the current options in the popup and replace it with an option the dismisses or flips the screen over

basically it makes the front, current, view the apps. the back side becomes a pim screen.

it would be even better if the default screen could be set. I may want to always start on my notifications every time and flip over to apps. I'm sure a lot of corporate users would to.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
It would be nice. Looking back at the early days of PDAs, I think the entire industry has forgotten about the importance of PIMs as the core of a mobile device. :(

Apple is one of the biggest offenders as they still won't properly sync tasks and notes.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Sounds quite interesting..But personally I think that apple is never going to make this for their subscribers/users, because it will reduce the dilemma for the users and apple doesn't want that. Am I right??

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I wish you could lock the accelramater in one position and if you wanted landscape you could twist on the screen with 2 fingers in a circular motion and it would then lock in that position until twisted again or unlocked...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner