I have been lurking here for a while, and I thought this would be my first post after my intro I posted yesterday. I wonder if something may be wrong with my iPhone after reading the posts here, 'cause so far it works perfectly. Everything syncs, Gmail and mobile me work 100% of the time...after using the text, email and making calls on it after a 10-12 hour day, my battery still has over 60% life. The apps update work fine, the Otterbox defender has kept my new toy safe and sound through 8 drops on pavement or concrete. The pics are great, or at least, good enough for what I take pics for. Skype works when I have a wifi connection, textplus is a great app...along with eyeglasses (ok, I am a 51 year old cop, I am deaf too, but having the ability to read without glasses is cool)
    Since my iPhone isn't screwed up, I will keep lurking til I have something to complain about....
    10-16-2009 11:42 PM
    Welcome ...u think its great now, maybe u should consider a JB
    10-17-2009 12:01 AM
    you're probably right, I guess a Sheriff can tolerate ONE jailbreak...I just can't think of a good reason to do it....that is one reason I am here...I gotta see what else this thing 'll do...
    10-17-2009 12:05 AM
    you're probably right, I guess a Sheriff can tolerate ONE jailbreak...I just can't think of a good reason to do it....that is one reason I am here...I gotta see what else this thing 'll do...
    I must warn u though,...If u JB once, u will do it again!! Its like going from a Corvette to a Honda...u just cant do it lol
    10-17-2009 12:15 AM
    I can't believe you told a police officer named "Sheriff" to Jailbreak!
    10-17-2009 12:19 AM
    U mean from Honda to a vette...jb being the shiny new vette
    10-17-2009 12:19 AM
    Depends on what you want to use JB for. I just like it for themes and notifier. I like the little status icons. I could live without it, but life is definitely better with it.
    10-17-2009 03:42 AM
    U mean from Honda to a vette...jb being the shiny new vette
    haha yea that
    10-17-2009 06:22 AM
    Yeah, asking a Sheriff to "Jailbreak" anything is a bold move!!!!!!. I am doing my best to read almost every relatively recent post in this entire forum before I start asking TOOOOO many stupid questions. My last phone wads a Voyager, against which I have a whole series of grievances as far as a phone, or any other communications device.
    the iPhone is leaps ahead from the Voyager even stock from the box...
    In the meantime, I am readin' and studyin' this forum....
    10-17-2009 04:03 PM
    Get it jailbrken! :d
    10-19-2009 11:12 PM
    My last phone wads a Voyager, against which I have a whole series of grievances as far as a phone, or any other communications device.
    the iPhone is leaps ahead from the Voyager even stock from the box...
    My phone before the iPhone was the Voyager as well. It's a huge upgrade from that POS phone.

Jailbreaking is great, but will take a little bit of a toll on your battery, but since battery life isn't an issue for you, that's no big deal. I would read about it and see if there are some JB apps that you would want before taking the plunge. Of course, that being said, if you do decide to go for it, you're bound to find apps that you wondered how you did without them and can't believe Apple didn't think of them first.

The downside of JB is that you have to wait to update your phone and, I don't know about everyone else, but I tend to lose all of my JB apps and have to redownload them all after every update, which gets tiring. [...and yes, I have "Aptbackup". It didn't work this last time for some reason. After restoring the phone, I went to the app and clicked "Restore" and it said I can only do that after restoring my phone, which I'd already done.]

But I digress. Overall, I wouldn't choose to go back to non-JB.
    10-20-2009 04:41 AM
    Check out the Trapster App. LOL

With jailbreak I like three things:

1) Graphic enhancements
    2) Notifier-you get to chose multiple reminders for e-mail, missed calls, voicemail, etc.
    3) Categories-allows you to build sub folders for applications so you don't have to swipe to multiple pages.
    10-20-2009 10:30 AM
    I want to buy and second hand 16gb iphone. Can anyone come into a deal with me? If I get it in affordable price I would really go ahead.
    10-20-2009 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD