IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE, THEN PLEASE, DIRECT ME TO WHERE IT HAS BEEN POSTED. BUT MY CASE I THINK IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE I CAN CONNECT TO MY HOME WIFI -- BUT SAFARI WILL TIME OUT AND E-MAILS WON'T CONNECT.

** PLEASE READ:

I've had my iPhone 3GS for 2 months now. My WiFi DOES work... however, it DOES NOT on my home router. My iPhone WiFi DOES connect to the home router however, because I type in the correct WEP password, it connects, and the WiFi logo shows on the top of my phone. So I'm connected. BUT - I CAN NOT ACCESS SAFARI WEB PAGES & I CAN'T CONNECT TO MY E-MAIL (Yahoo/Microsoft Exchange E-mails). Safar times out, EVERYTIME. So
    does connecting to my E-mails. This has been soooooo frustrating these past couple months. I have Comcast Internet, and I even called them a couple weeks ago and one of their Techs even tried troubleshooting me over the phone because he said he had the same problEm, and all he did was change his antenna frequency, and it worked just fine. WOW, wish mine was that easy...

So again, PLEASE... HELP!

Here's my WiFi ISSUE:
    - WiFi works everywhere on my iPhone but MY HOUSE.
    - WiFi on my iPhone connects at MY HOUSE - I find my home network, click it, enter in WEP, and it connects. WiFi connection logo shows ontop of phone as well.
    *- However, Safari times out. E-mails time out. I can not access WiFi. It shows I'm connected, but it is not working properly. HELLLLLLLP!
    THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY IN ADVANCE FOR "TRYING" TO HELP!

Thank You everyone!

GiL
    10-15-2009 06:21 PM
    too much bold and uppercase. stop shouting!

also, if you want honest help, you probably shouldn't insult everyone by writing "TRYING"

this sounds like an issue on your router.

Also, WEP is super archaic. It was replaced with WPA in 1999. WEP can be hacked in a few minutes.
    10-15-2009 07:38 PM
    Try restarting both your iPhone and your router.
    10-15-2009 08:49 PM
    Also when you connect to your home Wifi, go back into Wifi and click on your home network and it should show you the IP, Subnet, etc. assigned to the iPhone. It may ay it's connected but it isn't really I had that problem with my iPhone just last month when I changed settings on my router. You could also connect to your Wifi then go back in and select your Wifi location and click Forget this network and try re-connecting.
    10-15-2009 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD