Calls Dropping(?)

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Since the OS 3.1 upgrade and carrier upgrade, I am regularly seeing calls dropped(?) in areas tha I've never experienced problems before. I'll have 3G access showing and all bars full but the call will drop(?) without warning. When i look it still shows me connected to the call and the minutes are ticking away but no sound at all on either end of the call. I get it with both landlines and other cell phones.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I'm currently on OS 3.1.2 and using an iPhone 3G.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had that same problem on different firmware versions but when the signal one either my end or the other end is weak but the call keeps going until the phone decides the connection is lost and hangs up. You might try rebooting and see how the service works. Sorry I can't be of any help.

chevyfifty2

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
3g dropping

I have been having the same issue with my 3GS with AT&T and have been working closely with them since the beginning of November. I have had the SIM replace, the phone replace, the software restored from scratch two times and my Jawbone Prime replaced and it still does the same thing, more than 50% of my calls were dropping. I spoke with a collegue of mine and he recommended turning off 3G. When I did my call drop count went from 50% to 0%. I have an exsisting case going with AT&T and not one time did they suggest doing this.
If you are experiencing issues with dropped calls, download the AT&T Mark the Spot Application and send all of your dropped call issues to AT&T. If you do not report the dropped calls then they advertise that they have less dropped calls than any other vendor, which is trues because they have made it virtually impossible to report a dropped call from the location of the dropped call, unless you happen to carry two phones.

It is hard to trouble shoot an issue if it is never reported.

chevyfifty2

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have called AT&T!!! They have re-provisioned my phone......10 plus times. The only thing that seems to work is turning 3G off in which case the call drop percentage drops to almost non-exsistant.

Any more ideas?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you located in a densely populated area like New York or San Fran? I've only heard of this happening in places like that.

chevyfifty2

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am located the a suburb of Dallas.
I you have heard of this happening, would you advise the people that told you about this to call their carrier? The only way it will ever get corrected is for people to advise their carrier of this issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73