has anyone bought a gide off ebay to jailbreak the 3.1 firmware

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I was under the imprecation that the 3.1 was harder or didn't work , when i updated to the 3.1 i thought id made a mistake . if i can simply unlock the 3.1 that would be great . il go and have a look at that link . cheers d

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Buyer...."BEWARE".... Most ALL of the "UNBELIEVEABLE" DEALS are just that..."UNBELIEVEABLE"... As stated in another Post... Why do you want to buy a Guide when FREE one's are all over the web... BEST being right here on THIS BLOG... You WON"T find a more "RELIABLE" Site nor it's members. HAND/MGBU, IGoSlo

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
before i updated it it was jailbroken and on the 3.0 . iv just noticed the restore button on itunes and was wondering if i hit restore will it go back to how it was ?

i was about to try the jailbreak but iv seen this bit " WARNING: Even though the GeoHot jailbreak supports 3.1.2 do not update if you are on iPhone OS 3.0.1 or 3.0. You will lose your unlock."

iv no idea if im OS 3.0.1 or 3.0 and if i am do i need to worry about it ?

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The post specifically says that if you're on 3.1 you cannot unlock, that it works for phones on 3.0 and get a special update to 3.1. This "special" update ( pwnage tool ) creates a 3.1.2 firmware without the baseband update. That's what it's going to tell you to do.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
cheers for your help and patients . when it says i would lose unlock its talking about being aball to use different networks ? yes ? i use o2 so this wont afflict me . have i got that correct ? cheers d

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Correct, unlocking is making it so that you can take the iPhone to different networks. I'm not sure what network has the iPhone in the UK, but if you bought it from o2, then you don't need to worry about unlocking.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can still use the App store as well as Cydia for installing iPhone applications. You just the Apple App Store for normal apps and Cydia for apps that Apple will not approve.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
cheers mate . iv got to sus this cydia out now . its say i need some up dates . i ges i should say yes to them . what do you think ?

so do i need a cydia on my desk top like itones ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro