What phone would make you switch from the iPhone?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For personal use, nothing beats the iPhone.

For work, a Blackberry. Only way I would switch is if I was required to be reachable through e-mail and phone for work and be able to pull documents and have several push accounts, then I would switch to a blackberry, but only if they aren't paying for the phone. I wouldn't want to pay for 2 phones. But if the company pays for 1 phone, I'd just use a BB for work and an iPhone for personal.

I was tempted by the 9700 but honestly, it's the same damn phone as the Bold just in a better form factor and with a better camera. RIM needs to quit churning out 80 blackberries a year and work on COMPLETELY redoing their OS. 4.5 to 4.6 was not a big change to be honest. You still get memory leaks and the app memory is laughable.

I had a Bold and don't get me wrong, it's a great device, but app wise, it sucked. Not to mention, BB apps are quite expensive.

very well said.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am starting to like the HTC HD 2. That looks to be an amazing device. I'm not sure if it will be better than next year's iPhone, buy it is promising.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I still can not think of a phone which can shift my mind from iphone. I am really very happy with using my iphone and I believe without my iphone it will be very hard for me to survive at my office.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I literally cannot imagine. If I could, I would be rich. The ability to so imagine is highly valued and rewarded. I cannot any more imagine the successor to my iPhone than I could have imagined the iPhone, the successor to my Palm Treo.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Nokia's N900 is pretty noteworthy. I have a friend that owns one and loves it. BTW, Nokia fans are all hush hush about the N900 not having MMS capabilities.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Once a phone comes out that is similar to the iPhone, but better...and it'd have to be worth losing all of the apps I paid for. so we're talking quite a bit better.

For the forseeable future, it's probably going to be the next gen iPhone that'll win my money. All other iPhone wannabes have missed the mark so far.

And totally agree with Muggle. All Blackberries look the same to me. I can't tell one from the other. Place a Tour next to a Bold and I couldn't tell you which was which. Whatevs.

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry is just a sucking phone I have ever used. I can not explain why but I was not comfortable with it. I thank apple for saving me by presenting iphone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The HTC Leo looks GREAT but the screen is a little TOO big and I definitely can't justify buying a WinMo device as I don't need WinMo, the Hero looks really good but nothing exciting and with the lack of the iPhone app store (remember people, more choice is not a bad thing) I can't see myself switching to that, the Palm pre would be a worthy candidate except for the extreme lack of apps, poor build quality, and slowness of the OS... Eos would be nice but screen is too small, no WiFi..

The only phone that will make me give up my 3GS is the next iPhone. Now that I have it, I still always check out my options, but really nothing comes close to making me want it instead of my iPhone..

The things that make me unable to give up my iPhone are speed, the iPod and built-in memory, almost 100,000 apps available... Like, really there is no other device that has all that.. There simply isn't.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys bring up a good point. With the iPhone, many peoplE have invested a lot of time and money in the apps, podcasts, videos, etc. Moving to a new device would mean sacrificing a lot. I hadn't thought of it that way. I was already thinking that I wouldn't trade my iPhone anytime soon. But now I am thinking that I would be even less likely to pull the trigger on a change because of all of the content I would be losing.

sheriff

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I will take the next, newer iPhone. I have ditched crackberrys, voyagers, gshocks, and any number of other crappy phones....I am iphone forever..

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Give me a phone that I can customize without having to jailbreak it. If the HTC Hero was coming to AT&T, I'd seriously think about switching phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73