So a couple weeks ago someone posted that if you hacked your iPhone to get mms early, AT&T would know and the warranty would be voided. I'm just wondering if anyone has tested this claim and if so, what happened? I'm not looking for a debate on whether it's right or not like the original thread had, just someones personal story with what went down at the apple store. Thanks.
    10-11-2009 10:38 AM
    att wouldnt nec know..
    but jailbreaking your phone voids ur warranty with apple
    10-11-2009 12:32 PM
    At&t would know but would not care. almost every phone for the last five years has had MMS they just wanted to be ready for the Masses. they would not share the Info with Apple anyway. so Apple would never Know. I had to send my 3g in for warrenty work so I restored it before I sent it back and they did not even know it had been jailbroken. just my two cents
    10-11-2009 03:36 PM
    I have a different outlook on it. All I did when I JB my iPhone and my wife's iPhone was to improve on what was already there yet "LOCKED" by an outside source. From what I can remember it was "CASH" from MY pocket that PAID for those 2 iPhone's. NO one GAVE them to me, I DID NOT steal them. I Bought them and was given a bill of sale. Therefore they are MINE to do with as I wish. I have an A T & T Business ACCOUNT where I am CHARGED and Pay well over $350.00 a month for them to supply my Data and Voice service. If I can improve on that service to benefit my business what am I hacking. I'm "PAYING" for their service ! When I purchase a new laptop and LOAD it with MY software, I'm NOT stealing anything from Dell, Microsoft nor Intel. I'm "IMPROVING" on THIER product to fit MY NEEDS. With my A T & T Account I Pay for Data & Voice... Again, How is that "HACKING" ? Could it be that I'm NOT purchasing Apple APPS? As of LATE I've NOT found many Apple Store APPs that would benefit "MY BOTTOM LINE". As for the Warrenty... If Apple wanted to be a Bad *** , they could find something "WRONG" with EVERY iPhone that came back to their store that would or Could Void the Warrenty....HAND/MGBU, IGoSlo
    10-11-2009 05:22 PM
    So a couple weeks ago someone posted that if you hacked your iPhone to get mms early, AT&T would know and the warranty would be voided. I'm just wondering if anyone has tested this claim and if so, what happened? I'm not looking for a debate on whether it's right or not like the original thread had, just someones personal story with what went down at the apple store. Thanks.
    You did not have to jailbreak your phone in order to get MMS working early. It was a simple carrier file that was needed. And no, once the real carrier file was released by AT&T you could update and that was that.
    10-11-2009 05:53 PM
    AT&T provides no warranty for the iPhone anyway.
    10-11-2009 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD