3.1.2 OS - Battery Results?

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
Honestly I haven't noticed a difference. My battery life varies from day to day depending upon what all I'm doing. Upgrades haven't made much of a difference either way.

speakers

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
My battery life was better after 3.1 but i kept getting the iphone coma where i couldnt wake it up. Now i dont get that but my battery life is worse.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
This topic is pointess. Let's face it, the iPhone is too awesome to put down. If you want great battery life, please go buy a Nokia which has awesome battery life because there's nothing to do on it besides making phone calls. I use the sh!t out of my device so I bought a battery backup and I don't even monitor the battey anymore.
Cheers!

This post is pointless. The topic has merit as even Apple has admitted that 3.1 has caused battery issues.

frog_IM

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
This topic is pointess. Let's face it, the iPhone is too awesome to put down. If you want great battery life, please go buy a Nokia which has awesome battery life because there's nothing to do on it besides making phone calls. I use the sh!t out of my device so I bought a battery backup and I don't even monitor the battey anymore.
Cheers!

Yup, so true.

A friend on mine carries on about how great the battery life on his Nokia is. Sends about 20 SMS a day, and a few phone calls. Otherwise it sits in his pocket all day.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yup, so true.

A friend on mine carries on about how great the battery life on his Nokia is. Sends about 20 SMS a day, and a few phone calls. Otherwise it sits in his pocket all day.

i'd rather charge my phone 1-2x more per day just to have something better.

gatorinmn

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is the same for me, both before and after all the 3.1.x updates. I consistently get about 4 hours of total usage before needing to recharge (below 20% battery life, if not lower). That includes a mix of iPod usage, apps, games, 3G browsing, and phone calls. This is my only real complaint about the iPhone -- I wish it would last a little longer.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, mine is much improved since 3.1.2. I did some fairly heavy usage yesterday and was still at 46% last night around midnight. Would have been dead mid afternoon before update.

proser11

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Same Here

I downloaded the last update and my battery life has been destroyed. I have everything as battery effiecient as possible, same as I always have and it has gotten rediculously worse. What the hell Apple.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Fair enough lionheart.....we'll see what comes out at the end of this thread.:)

There will be no resolution at the end of this thread because we can't fix the problem. The point of the thread is an outlet for people to express possible problems and see if others are having it too. Sometimes that is how the manufacturer can determine problems like lionheart was saying. It's always good to know other people are having the same problem so you know it's not only you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
WTF!?!?!
last night i completely drained my battery until it shut off on me then put it on the charger, like normal, all night.
the device has been off the charger for about 9 hours now and i've made a few phone calls that collectively came to about 30-45 mins, did some web browsing, not a lot, and on top of all that i was still in standby.
currently i'm at 100%
i think my phone is goin' fubar on me.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
yep, that fixed it! im at 75% which isn't too terrible after reading some of the horror stories around here.

thanks, big9erfan

Glad I could help, but after that much phone usage and you're at 75%? Sounds pretty standard to me. :) Mine is at 87% now, with 53min usage and 5 hrs 30 minutes standby.

That usage has been some web browsing, some texting, some emailing, no phone calls.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I wish my battery was a little bit better, but it more than gets me through a day. I don't know why, but I get nervous if my battery drops below 40% or so. Apparently I'm odd.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I wish my battery was a little bit better, but it more than gets me through a day. I don't know why, but I get nervous if my battery drops below 40% or so. Apparently I'm odd.

Not odd, I get the same way! I start looking for a charger around 50% :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen