3.1.2 OS - Battery Results?

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I downloaded 3.1.2 last night and then plugged in my phone overnight to charge for today. I woke up, unplugged the phone and began my commute to work. I only used it for the 40 minute train ride and the 10 minute walk to listen to music. My battery went from 100% to 75%. My question is, are other people experiencing this (i.e. worse battery), is your battery the same as it was before, or is your battery even better?

I have Wi-Fi turned off but I do have Push Gmail.

Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm assuming you were not having battery issues before 3.1.2?
after the DL my battery life has stayed the same and may even be better.
just for the record, my battery life has been great since i purchased the device.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
i really dont understand how everyone is having so many "issues"... it seems like the magic number for actual "Usage" is between 3 and 4 hours depending on the amount of standby time...

I have an exchange push account setup for work, and i get 300 - 400 emails a day, and 10-12 meeting alerts... I listen to music for 2.5 - 3 hours and occasionally use it to surf the web over 3G... I never have battery problems...

I have consitantly gotten the 3-4 hours of "Usage" since i got the 3G on launch day in '08... How is this still a complaint?? The only time i noticed a battery difference was when i was JB for about 2 months... It was worse...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Never had a problem with any updates. Wifi is on 24/7 and Gmail push through Google Sync. If you are constantly using the iPhone, like for 45 minutes straight using data, the battery will drain. You might only get around 5 hours of actual "usage" doing intensive things. Mine has always been this way. But spaced out over the day my battery lasts.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP you need to describe your battery life before you did the update so we can compare it to now. How long you charged it, What you would do in a typical day and then compare the exact same scenario with the update and see what the result is? I'm interested in this because I had great battery life in 3.0 JB, then 3.1 JB I had horrible, horrible battery life. I redid my JB and my battery life went back to what it was previously. So when I do update with a JB the only thing I will pay attention to is the battery life.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a battery life issue when I previously upgraded to 3.1. Via itunes, retsore your device and then set up as new device. Do not restore a old back up or bug will reappear.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is good too. It usually lasts a little longer than a day. That is all I need. I use my phone frequently so a day is pretty good. Since the update, I haven't noticed any increase in battery life. But I have noticed that my signal strength has increased. I have been on full bars for the last hour. That is pretty nice. But I didn't have any complaints before. My signal strength has always been pretty good. Better than my BlackBerry.

rvcohen

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a battery life issue when I previously upgraded to 3.1. Via itunes, retsore your device and then set up as new device. Do not restore a old back up or bug will reappear.

If you set up as a new device, how will you upload all your backup info?

Frankless24

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
way, way worse since 3.1 it has gone downhill. I finnaly balenced it out on 3.1 but it is still still worse than on 3.0 when i got it. now on 3.1.2 i unplugged it and this morning did some quick websurfing looking at TiPb and crackberry and havent used it all since other than one or two emails recieved and i am at 69% as off 3:45 not good....

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
This topic is pointess. Let's face it, the iPhone is too awesome to put down. If you want great battery life, please go buy a Nokia which has awesome battery life because there's nothing to do on it besides making phone calls. I use the sh!t out of my device so I bought a battery backup and I don't even monitor the battey anymore.
Cheers!

jjamain

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
My iphone baterry life worse after upgrade to 3.1.2. Too fast even browsing this site via safari.
Next, previously left my 100% battery at night, in the morning it show 97or 98% but now, 80%. this is a fix? Or worse

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
My battery life seems a bit bad on 3.1

However, I've kinda gotten used to it and am afraid of it getting even worse with 3.1.2

JCK1020

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is still terrible. I am averaging 12.5 hours. It stinks. I have to keep it off during school if I want to be able to use it after!! it's really bad:eek:

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I think I have the same batt life as before, but my iPhone came with 3.1. I'm toying with the idea of doing a reload as suggested before, but I don't know if I'm familiar enough with the platform to do this without losing the apps I've bought (see, not sure how all this works, yet).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73