Physical flaws...ugh.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I really hate is when I get a new device and I find a flaw (scratch, dent, slight imperfection). I feel so deflated that I have an urge to take the phone right back to the store. I just found the slightest scratch on the side of my iPhone that was caused by the protective case-what irony. I have discarded the case altogether now. The scratch is so small that most people wouldn't notice it through close examination, but I know it's there. And it is driving me nuts. I know it sounds strange and anal, but do any of you share my plight. What do you do?

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I really hate is when I get a new device and I find a flaw (scratch, dent, slight imperfection). I feel so deflated that I have an urge to take the phone right back to the store. I just found the slightest scratch on the side of my iPhone that was caused by the protective case-what irony. I have discarded the case altogether now. The scratch is so small that most people wouldn't notice it through close examination, but I know it's there. And it is driving me nuts. I know it sounds strange and anal, but do any of you share my plight. What do you do?

take a deep breath.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i will not make it an issue.... there is a chance for the flaw to be created by ourselves accidentally, without our knowledge too...:cool:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll get over it if you give it some time. It's just like when you get the first scratch on your car...bothers you a lot at first, but afterwards, you get more, and it doesn't even bother you anymore. Like you said, no one would notice it, and even if they did, it's not like people would care if they noticed a scratch on someone else's phone. Lol

Besides, that scratch was not a flaw of the phone...you caused the scratch by using a case that damaged your phone, and eventually, by not using a case from now on, you will get more scratches, so don't sweat it and just enjoy using your phone. At the end of the day, it's just a phone/entertainment/communication device, and not a piece of artwork, so scratches just give it more character! ;)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I feel your pain I'm the same way, if I buy something just if just one thing happens on the way home I get so angry and don't have the good feeling when I bought it. Usually it goes away over time, especially when you have no one to blame. However you need to get a good case because the phone will be in even worste shape if you use it naked.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I hate scratches...but as long as the device still functions, I can live with it. The again, when I upgraded, I purchased the white back so the scratches don't show as easy! ;)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site

Are you related to @JFSikora? :p

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am actuall feeling better about it. I know that it's just a device and that it will get scratches. I was just disappointed. I have found that I cherish this device so much. I get scratched on my laptop and I don't care. Funny isn't it?

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
i feel thy pain... i have the SMALLEST speck of dust under my [second] iPhone 3G's screen after i replaced the first one a few months ago from the same problem... it drives me nuts when i see that first speck of dust and when the brightness is turned all the way down, so I conserve battery life, it is highly visible (most likely to me only) against any background, color, video, etc. Trust me, you're not alone, I'm there too. and just knowing that speck of dust lies there undisturbed for the whole gosh darn day, literally, breaks my heart... BUT I HAVENT CRIED OVER THIS ONE!...yet...but i won't bring back memories of my last dust-related-issue... :'( bring-in on the heartbreak!

cheffy

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Flaws

While searching different sights about the iphone I found multiple postings about cracked creens, water damage and broken ringers. Are these statements relevent, have others found these same issues because if so I will stick with my razor or look into something else in going forward.:confused:

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
While searching different sights about the iphone I found multiple postings about cracked creens, water damage and broken ringers. Are these statements relevent, have others found these same issues because if so I will stick with my razor or look into something else in going forward.:confused:

Yeah, if you plan on dropping your phone down a flight of stairs, stomping on it, and throwing it in your swimming pool, I'd definitely think about staying away from the iPhone. If you use common sense though, I think you'd have no problem with one.

Broken ringers? I have absolutely no idea what that even means.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner