Sorry to rant, but contrary to what I was told, if you set your email to show 50 messages, for example, if you go to the bottom, and ask it to load more messages, it will not load any more messages until you delete some of the 50 emails you already have showing in your inbox. In other words, let's say you want to view an older email, but it happens to be the 51st email in your email account... even when you touch "Load more messages", nothing happens.

So, what if you don't want to delete any of the previous 50 emails in your inbox in order to view the 51st message? IMO, it would be much better if you could just set each account to view messages by time (ie. last 30 days), regardless of how many messages are in that 30 days...sorta like a blackberry. LOL. Is there any way to do that?
    10-07-2009 11:23 AM
    I thought the spotlight search did search the email server as well.
    10-07-2009 11:29 AM
    I thought the spotlight search did search the email server as well.
    But only through the 50 emails that are in each Inbox.
    10-07-2009 11:34 AM
    Then, set it to 100!
    10-07-2009 12:42 PM
    Wow so the spotlight search is even more useless than I thought.
    10-07-2009 01:54 PM
    Then, set it to 100!
    I don't want to have 100 emails in my inbox and sent folders, etc. I just want to be able to find an email within a certain amount of days, regardless of how many emails were sent to me within those 30 days. Besides, what if I wanted to view an email that is the 101th email, that happens to be within a 30-day period that was sent to me? This is a limitation of the iPhone way of providing email. Guess there will be some things I will miss from my Blackberry.

Also, what is the point of having a feature within the email app that you can supposedly click on to download more messages, if it doesn't actually download more messages unless you first delete the previous messages?!
    Last edited by iBoxtaboy; 10-07-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    10-07-2009 02:44 PM
    In my GMail I have groups, labels whatever you want to call them you might try it that way. So no matter how many messages you get if you have them labelled you would have to bypass the limit in each label I'm thinking?? Like if you had 4 labels that would be 4X50 = 200 messages. I would check but I'm re-JB at the moment.
    10-07-2009 03:09 PM
    In my GMail I have groups, labels whatever you want to call them you might try it that way. So no matter how many messages you get if you have them labelled you would have to bypass the limit in each label I'm thinking?? Like if you had 4 labels that would be 4X50 = 200 messages. I would check but I'm re-JB at the moment.
    Yep, I think you're right- if you do relocate emails into individual folders, you can workaround that issue, but I don't really want to have to move messages around just for the sake of finding an email I want to find. Oh well. At least the other functions of the phone are good. LOL
    10-07-2009 03:14 PM
    LOL well for me I'm a bit OCDish so I can't stand when I have emails sitting in my inbox they have to be filled by subject. I never have more than 4 emails in my inbox
    10-07-2009 03:18 PM
    as was stated above, just create folders and put the email in that way. i have that set up on my yahoo, gmail, and mobile me. i put all family in one, misc in another, work, important, etc.. this way when i want to go back to an email, i just open the folder and look for it. seems much easier this way. PLUS if you are using gmail, yahoo, or mobileme, there isnt a danger of accidently getting something deleted off the main inbox that you needed to have. thats just me though. like ipheuria i dont like having emails just sitting in my inbox, drives me crazy!
    10-07-2009 03:44 PM
    as was stated above, just create folders and put the email in that way. i have that set up on my yahoo, gmail, and mobile me. i put all family in one, misc in another, work, important, etc.. this way when i want to go back to an email, i just open the folder and look for it. seems much easier this way. PLUS if you are using gmail, yahoo, or mobileme, there isnt a danger of accidently getting something deleted off the main inbox that you needed to have. thats just me though. like ipheuria i dont like having emails just sitting in my inbox, drives me crazy!
    That's a good suggestion, but honestly, I like everything in one place....similar to my old Blackberry... all my 6 email accounts pushed to one single Inbox, so I only needed to go to one place to search for any email. I loved that! LOL
    10-07-2009 04:04 PM
    LOL wow I think I would go crazy having all my messages in my inbox. Like Cobra302 said I can't stand it. You should see how many labels I have in GMail LOL I have a label for every specific subject. I CRAVE order
    10-09-2009 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD