wifi - on or off?

stairclimber113

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I always leave mine on. I do not mind having to hit cancel on random networks that I can not connect to. When wifi is on I am always connected to my home network and can pick up Panera, Starbucks, etc. without having to got to settings.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
I leave mine on most of the time. I only turn it off if I know that I won't be able to recharge the whole day and battery power becomes a precious commodity...Disneyland for instance.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Mine is almost always on. Most of my life is spent at home and school both of which have wifi. If I'm going out for a few hours though, I generally turn it off to save battery. And I have ask to join networks off for those times I forget to turn off wifi. Getting the pop-ups annoys the heck out of me.

Edamameguy

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I turn my Wifi and bluetooth off when not needed cause it feel like its wasting energy looking for someone (router/paired device) to talk to.

FLCracker

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
If I'm not using it I turn it off because I've been told that it will constantly search for a network and decrease battery life. Same with Bluetooth.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I always have my Wifi on, I don't have a data plan so my networks and BT are always off. I figure that saves me so much battery power it makes up for the Wifi being on all the time. Plus it's how I connect :D

FLCracker

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe there is, but, it does appear that way...

I dont know if there is any documented proof, but switching off Bluetooth and location/GPS when they aren't being used was a habit I picked up during my Blackberry days and seems logical to me. I would imagine that wifi would fall in these parameters as well.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
niceee...so when ur out at a place with no wifi, u dont use ya phone?

that isn't what she's saying. she's saying when wifi is available, why would u NOT choose the fastest connection type?

not really that hard to comprehend. if there's wifi, i use wifi, if not, i still use my phone. i just prefer using the quickest connection available to me at the time.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
that isn't what she's saying. she's saying when wifi is available, why would u NOT choose the fastest connection type?

not really that hard to comprehend. if there's wifi, i use wifi, if not, i still use my phone. i just prefer using the quickest connection available to me at the time.

no i was actually talkin to Iphueria