Wifi always off. I get decently good 3G speeds here in Los Angeles. I only use wifi at home, the rest of the time I float on 3G. My 3G speeds are good.
    01-07-2010 05:34 PM
    wi-fi always on for me. Seems to be better on my battery when I am at home and much faster then using 3G
    01-07-2010 06:40 PM
    Is there any proof that turning wifi and bluetooth off, increase battery life?
    From a developer's point of view, it would make sense, since the WiFi needs to constantly be looking for networks to join. This takes up CPU cycles which in turn use up battery. Same thing with Bluetooth. Thus, it is guaranteed that having both of them on will drain the battery more than having them off. The only question is how much it drains the battery.

However, there are cases where having WiFi on will actually save battery. I believe 3G uses up more battery than WiFi, so if you are in a location that has WiFi and you're using data, you're better off enabling WiFi so that it is used automatically instead of the 3G.
    01-10-2010 03:15 AM
    WiFi always on - and the four locations where I spend 90% of my time all have WiFi I'm logged onto automatically. Way, way faster in NYC.
    01-10-2010 08:38 AM
    WiFi always on. I use WiFi at home, and even though I'm out 50% of the time, it has no significant effect on battery at all. I unplug my phone at the end of the day before bed, and plug it in 18 hours later when I get home the following day, and it's rarely below 65%.
    01-10-2010 09:49 AM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD