Hello, I am new here but I have a question for everyone. My friend has an Iphone 3g and when she puts her sim card in the phone the battery will only last about half a day, and she doesn't even play on her phone that much, but if she puts an old sim card in the phone that is not activated the phone will last about 2 days with her normal use of the phone. Can someone tell me what could be causing this. Her phone is not jailbroken or unlocked. She is still running 3.0, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
    10-06-2009 09:53 PM
    Is the old card for 3g network or just edge?? She can turn 3g off when she is at home near a wifi spot. That should save some battery. Also do a search on battery life on these forums to find other helpful hints. The battery on the IPhone typically drains quickly.
    10-06-2009 10:07 PM
    The battery life of iPhone has never been good enough for us.I think it is the battery which has got damaged.Get her a new battery from ebay.And after that if it continues to behave like before then take the phone to app care.
    10-07-2009 06:33 AM
    like chobbs1 there are a couple of threads with advice on prolonging the life of the battery. If the phone is not JB or unlocked is it still under warranty? what is her typical use? All users are different so what someone might consider typical use may not be that typical to another. She may not play games but does she do alot of net surfing? twitter? watching videos? does she have alot of email accounts set up on the phone? all of them using push? If she's just listening to music most of the day then tell her to take it in to an Apple Store if it's still under warranty and they will hook it up and if it warrants give her a new one. Just make sure she backs up the phone before taking it in.
    10-07-2009 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone I will let her now what yall said. The old sim card shows to be for 3g but I dont think we have 3g in this area. Now my 2g iphone which is jailbroken and unlocked to tmobile seems to last a fairly long time compared to my old phones which was the g1 and windows mobile phones. But thanks for the help.
    10-07-2009 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD