What's on YOUR iPhone Home Screen?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iphone_homescreen_rene-400x300.jpg

My home screen is incredibly boring. Because I have a few devices, and I do a lot of testing with them, I also have to restore them fairly often and it's gotten to the point where I just leave everything in its default location because it's a) easier than rearranging and b) I don't have to hunt for stuff I haven't rearranged.

So, my second screen has become where I move my non-default, but still more often used apps. Typically the exact order will vary due to the reasons above, but the apps are fairly consistent.

Top row is secondary Apple apps, which I use once-and-a-while but like to refer back to. Next is UDID so I can quickly get an Ad Hoc distro set up if I need to test something. 1Password is typically the first thing that goes onto my Macs and iPhones. Life. Saver. BeeJiveIM is for those rare occasions I keep IM on, on the go. Qik is the Ad Hoc version that actually does stream live (Apple/AT&T need to approve that version now). TWiT.am is for when I want to listen to streaming Leo Laporte. Wikipanion gets hit often for pop culture reference. Jaadu hasn't been set up in a while, but I dream of it working for remote desktop one day. Skype just came to Canada, but only works on full bar WiFi right now. TwitBit 2.0 is what I'm testing for Twitter right now. Tweetie is just so Apple-like I often default back to it for power posting. Shazam is Shazam. It might get banished to a lower screen soon. Navigon keeps me from getting lost, which I am wont to do.

What's on your home screen and why? Show us a screen shot (hold down Home + Sleep button to save to your Photo app) and let us know the deets!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
right now, i primarily put my 'most used' apps on 1st page. no particular order on the page itself. i do keep my messaging apps and browser on my dock. i use those all the time so i want easy access to these apps. i am, however, very close to adding Pandora onto my main page. i use it a TON when i'm working away from my computer.

currently, i have 6 pages of apps. and i'm thinking of thinning that out soon. just don't use 1/2 the apps i have on there. i really like Categories and Winterboard (JB apps). gives me a different look from most of my friends and family (of whom many are turning to iPhones).

if it's not on the main page, i generally find it using Spotlite/Spotbrite. i don't flick through pages looking for things. that's also why i like Categories. keeps the app clutter down. and with the addition of Spotbrite (JB app) i can search for apps within my Categories folders too. another nice feature.

41DMBfan

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's mine. I like to keep my home screen limited to applications that I use each and every day. The rest of my home screens are organized by category, with the very last page for the stock apps that I never use.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
My iphone home screen

why is the first one so clear compared to the second one? haha

mine is all the default icons but I added Bank of america and AT&T wireless so i can check both accounts easily and the Weather Channel because sometimes that weather is a lot more accurate then the default weather app.

With that coverflow dock you have to have those icons specifically where they are. I dont always have the coverflow on so this is what my home looks like with and without it.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Like most others most used apps.

Keep my Google Voice, Skype, Notespark, Textfree among others on my home screen. I tried not to overcrowd with icons and pick a background that will not have contrasting problems with icon text.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
Here's mine, just got my iphone yesterday....LOVE it

Nothing to special, first page is what I use most 2nd is stuff that I occasionally use and the 3rd are those I never use...

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
How in God's name Jamesus did you set this Hero theme up? I got it in Winterboard but could not for the life of me figure out how to organize everything or to get the widgets workings. I really want this theme.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
Even with jailbreak, I generally found Winterboard annoying, so about the worst I ever did was install the 5-icon extension for the fixed bar and the status bar notification icons.

As for applications, I use the first two pages for frequently used apps. Third page is for games (of which I don't have many, but I like to be able to get to them reasonably often). Subsequent pages are for less frequently used (but not undesireable) apps. Finally, I reserve the rightmost page for built-in apps I would really rather uninstall... things I never use, or would prefer to have my eyes gouged out instead of using them.

The first page is populated (left/right/top/bottom) by:

• Contacts
  • Notes
  • Snapture (app store version)
  • Camera (mostly for video)
  • Photos
  • Mobile Fotos
  • Tweetie
  • Facebook
  • iPod
  • Shazam
  • Maps
  • Kindle
  • Stanza

The fixed panel in the springboard is populated by:

• Phone
  • Mail
  • Safari
  • BeejiveIM

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
IMG_0345.png
IMG_0346.png
IMG_0347.png
IMG_0348.png
IMG_0349.png

my first 3 pages are just listed in order of importance kinda. the most used ones up front. then i've got games, and the final page is the apps i use, but not often at all.

cpdh

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Jamesus, I got the Hero theme on mine, but how did you get the custom dock icons? And is the wifi signal also customized?
Thanks! :D

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow, you guys mod like crazy, haha. Pretty cool to see everybody's setups though. I keep mine basic and simple. Only 3 pages of apps, only keep the stuff I use often, and put the most used stuff on the home screen.
photo.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro