Ok, so I have a few questions. First off, I am an unfortunate PC user but that is soon to change. I have been looking into getting a iMac and I have a few questions regarding the switch and my iPhone.

1) Can any of the rumors of a new iMac coming in October be believed

2) When I get a Mac what is the best way to transfer data (specifically iPhone data: Music, videos, podcasts ect) to the Mac

3) Will the iphone have to be re formatted? and if so how?

4) Can this even be done?

if anyone can answer those question I would greatly appreciate it.
    09-30-2009 09:26 PM
    #1) Who knows about rumors. Even if a new came out I would be perfectly happy with whatever I bought now. The only so called "improvement" I have heard is Maybe thinner and maybe Blue-Ray drive. Cool but would not stop me from getting one now if I needed it now. Just my .02 cents.

#2) Once you set up iTunes on the new iMac you should just have to sync. You will probably have to "authorize" that computer but it is fairly painless.

#3) Not that I am aware of. (see above)

#4) See Above

I switched to all Macs 4 years ago and have not looked back. I use both my iMac and two other Macbooks for my two businesses. I have Parallels installed but only fire up Windows when I ABSOLUTELY have to.
    09-30-2009 10:07 PM
    Ok, so that sounds good, but about getting my content from one to another, would I just use an external hard drive?
    09-30-2009 10:22 PM
    Are you talking about content on PC to iMac that is not on the iPhone? If so I am not sure. I know that Apple has an easy "transfer" system from an older Mac to a new Mac, but not sure if that works the same way with a PC. I will have to look that up.
    09-30-2009 10:31 PM
    This may help some.
    09-30-2009 10:42 PM
    There is also this method. The easiest way.
    09-30-2009 10:46 PM
    Thanks guys, I read through and I determined the hard drive is the best way. I just hope my iPhone doesn't get screwed up in the process
    10-01-2009 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD